As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TorPAX July 14th!!! (Updated with itenerary)

bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
edited July 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Well seems like the last thread fell victim to the bottom of the last page.

Last time I remember this was slated for the end of the month-ish and we had not cemented plans yet, I know Cass was the lady in charge and is there any interest in this still?

Current Gameplan

- Meet at Union at about 2pm
- Shoot the shit for a while
- Head to the Spaghetti Factory for foods
- Walk around a little check out Worlds Biggest Bookstore
- Maybe go check out a movie if people want to

Link to The Spaghetti Factory's Menu and however much you wanna bring if we go to a movie or just buying snacks.

bloodyroarxx on

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This weekend is impossible for me, my brother is coming over to visit me.

My participation in general is uncertain, and conditional to the date, how far behind I am on my work come said date, and of course what we plan to do. I know some people were talking about Laser Tag or some such, that I'd be less interested in. I'd be more up for something touristy or drinky.

Also, Awesome and reasonably-priced restaurant downtown (right next to the Eaton Center). I recommend it for dinner. Some friends of mine came over and I took them there, they said it was the best food they had that trip.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Underdog wrote: »
    This is going to be stuck at the bottom of this page but here's a run down of the people who said they'd be interested:

Richy
    Saburbia
    Dread Pirate Cass
    Choco
    Katchem
    Proto
    Andrew_Jay
    Kusuguttai (extreme maybe if rummage up enough $$$)
    Irond_Will (road trip?)
    Operative 21
    LaOs (between last weekend July to 2nd in August)
    Romantic Undead
    HKPacman420
    Meiz (In Ottawa, might be down for this)
    Silverwind
    Vortigern (Cautiously interested. I think they were joking about the Nigerian guy. I hope.)
    Page-
    Torso Boy

Not sure if they're interested or just being helpful:
    Al_Wat, Sharp101, recurs|on, Trenog

That's sort of a summary mid way through the old thread. I think a few others threw their lot into the hat after but this is the bulk. I am of course still interested but availbility is different now with an actual job.

I support a mid-late July to early August date as I've got family visiting at the end of June plus a whole crapload of events.

Underdog on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It will depend on when it takes place, if I am able to join or not.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've got a wedding and a bunch wedding associated events to attend around early July, so that's pretty much out of the question for me. Late July or August should be fine for me however.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

This part seems to be what everyone is hinging on but no one has yet to suggest an actual day. So here are the Saturdays from now till August, choose the one that you'll be most likely to make. I guess Fridays would be ok too so list those as well.

June 16
    June 23
    June 30
    July 7
    July 14
    July 21
    July 28
    Aug 4
    Aug 11
    Aug 18
    Aug 25

Underdog on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Underdog wrote: »

This part seems to be what everyone is hinging on but no one has yet to suggest an actual day. So here are the Saturdays from now till August, choose the one that you'll be most likely to make. I guess Fridays would be ok too so list those as well.

June 16
    June 23
    June 30
    July 7
    July 14
    July 21
    July 28
    Aug 4
    Aug 11
    Aug 18
    Aug 25

June 16 and July 28 are for sure not workable for me. With July 21, Aug 18/25 unsure right now.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm hoping to get away in August, so that's out for me.

July 28th is the Saturday right after my last lecture, so that one could work well. First day of vacation!

Everything else is a "maybe" for me, depending on factors beyond my control.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    June 23rd is a no-go for me, as my sister, my grandmother, my uncle, and at least one other person in the family all have their birthday that day.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah I actually live in Edmonton now so... no dice

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    June 23rd is a no-go for me, as my sister, my grandmother, my uncle, and at least one other person in the family all have their birthday that day.

Can we come, we will bring our own alcohol. :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Every day on that list should be okay for me. I mean, I don't really have any plans for all summer besides hanging with Choco.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Thanks for the reminder, who ever resurrected the idea.

I think two weekends from now works for me. My girlfriend is out of town so I don't have to explain why I'm heading out to meet strange people :P

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I am no longer able to go. My travel plans only leave me a short window in Toronto... I'm not even sure if there's time for a meal. Plus, my travel days are not weekend days anymore, either. Sorry.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ok so the small list of people are interested seem to all have July 14th available, so I'm going to go ahead and put that up as a preliminary date. Its far enough from now that we can all try to make sure we can take it off from work or keep it clear of commitments. If there is a major amount of people unable to make this date when we can change it.

Ok now we need ideas on activities.

I'm from Hamilton myself and don't know much about Toronto.

What did everyone have in mind for food? I know last thread Korean BBQ seemed like a prevailing idea.

Ok so now we must decide on activities.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ok so the small list of people are interested seem to all have July 14th available, so I'm going to go ahead and put that up as a preliminary date. Its far enough from now that we can all try to make sure we can take it off from work or keep it clear of commitments. If there is a major amount of people unable to make this date when we can change it.

What did everyone have in mind for food? I know last thread Korean BBQ seemed like a prevailing idea.

I live in mississauga and only go downtown for my orthodontist so I don't really have any good ideas.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

I live in mississauga and only go downtown for my orthodontist so I don't really have any good ideas.

I guess we could all head down to your orthodontist for a check up.

July 14th would be fine for me, I'd just put in a request to have that day off at work.

Richy had the website above for a Pan-Asian restaurant. Korean BBQ is nice although not so much for veggies.

Underdog on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm still in favour of Laser Tag. Laser Tag!

Any sort of food is okay by me, really. <3

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Maybe there's a really obvious answer that I'm not seeing but how are we going to recognize each other?

Underdog on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Some of the D&Ders have exchanged photos -- someone will probably construct a sign saying PENNY ARCADE or something of the ilk.

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Some of the D&Ders have exchanged photos -- someone will probably construct a sign saying PENNY ARCADE or something of the ilk.

Well that or we could meet at a resturaunt and have a table/area reserved and just all meet there for a light lunch then do the main meal as dinner in the evening

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    well if people wants to the new Harry Potter opens that Wednesday so that would also be a good idea if we don't mind braving the crowds

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    How about going to Canada's Wonderland? That would be pretty cool, although maybe a little pricey.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    SilverWind wrote: »

Also, it seems to me that there are a number of possible attendees who are not of age, as they say, for more intoxicating plans.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    SilverWind wrote: »

Also, it seems to me that there are a number of possible attendees who are not of age, as they say, for more intoxicating plans.

If only I was a year older. :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    LaOs, you just made me imagine drunken laser tag, a concept as horrible as it is amusing, because I'm not sure I could shoot straight even when sober. :|

Al_wat wrote: »
    How about going to Canada's Wonderland? That would be pretty cool, although maybe a little pricey.

A single adult ticket for Canada's Wonderland is $51.40 after tax. D:

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Wow I dont remember it being that much... it has been a few years since ive been.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Wow I dont remember it being that much... it has been a few years since ive been.

You can get tickets cheaper at Shoppers, but still I don't think long lines in hot humid weather is my kinda fun een if we have ds's

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

You can get tickets cheaper at Shoppers, but still I don't think long lines in hot humid weather is my kinda fun een if we have ds's

Lines aren't always that bad, but yeah you have a point.

I suggested a Blue Jays game before (tickets go as low as two dollars) but it seemed like no one was big enough baseball fans.

Could hit centre island... its pretty nice there, although the theme park kinda sucks. Nice place to go in the summer though.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

I suggested a Blue Jays game before (tickets go as low as two dollars) but it seemed like no one was big enough baseball fans.

Could hit centre island... its pretty nice there, although the theme park kinda sucks. Nice place to go in the summer though.

I know next weekand me and some people are going downtown for a blue jays game then seeing evil dead the musical at night. I guess those can be some ideas.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

I know next weekand me and some people are going downtown for a blue jays game then seeing evil dead the musical at night. I guess those can be some ideas.

I haven't been to centre island in forever. Might be nice to walk about and admire all the goose shit. Er, scenery.

I'd be out for the HP thing since I work at Chapters and will be required to work the night before and day of.

Underdog on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    You had me at "Evil Dead: The Musical". <3

EDIT: But we have to be in the splatter zone.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Most any weekend is fine with me if I can plan for it. I'm still game for laser tag. I'd rather not go to a Jays game, as I find baseball is fun to play but not at all fun to watch. If you guys want to go see a movie, that'd probably be fine with me, too. If you want to drink then you can count me as no, because I don't.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Richy wrote: »

I'm going on wednesday and sitting in the splatter zone. I'm so excited.

I might be down for a meetup, I'm generally not good with people I don't know, though, so I'm not sure yet.

elevature on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    elevature wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »

I'm going on wednesday and sitting in the splatter zone. I'm so excited.

I might be down for a meetup, I'm generally not good with people I don't know, though, so I'm not sure yet.

Im going saturday night and I'm also in the splatter zone. Hi5!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I don't know how happy I am with the idea of watching something instead of doing something where we can talk and hang out more. Plus musicals are probably expensive, and I am on limited funds :P

• Options
    edited June 2007
    I don't know how happy I am with the idea of watching something instead of doing something where we can talk and hang out more. Plus musicals are probably expensive, and I am on limited funds :P

I am more in favour of doing something that promotes chatting.

Maybe we can have a huge picnicc somewhere nice?

Underdog on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    Picnic on the CN Tower observation deck! (I've never been up there)

bombardier on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    A trip to the CN Tower would be pretty cool, I've only been there once.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    bombardier wrote: »

You just wanna see me scream like a girl (I'm scared of heights you see and bomb knows this)

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    bombardier wrote: »

You just wanna see me scream like a girl (I'm scared of heights you see and bomb knows this)

Yeah I'm not a fan of heights but it has been a while since I've seen the Tower. Itching to witness the novelty of the glass floor again.

I like picnics.

Underdog on