As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

JESUS CHRIST MY EYE FUCK

• Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Like a year ago my eyes got really itchy so I switched to a new contact solution that was supposed to help. It did, but it was also had a bunch of rules that went with it like it had to go in this special case, which went into another case, and you couldn't let the solution touch your eye as it was b/c it was like a acid or something.

A few weeks after I started using it, I woke up one day, was extremely groggy, and tried to put my contacts in. One of them was dirty, so I rinsed it w/ the solution. When I put it back in I quickly realized my mistake. It felt like I was going blind. Luckily after some fidgeting, I got it out, and soon doused my eye with water for five minutes. It was only red for most of the day.

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    VulnoXVulnoX Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    or you know your contact could just be inside-out

why is it always the alarmists that get all the attention

It could be that, but at least for me, if its inside out, it hurts so damn much I cant stand to keep it in for more than 30 seconds.

So yeah, it COULD be inside out, I was just going by my experience. Contacts are a pretty person to person thing.

Edit: Never mind, he said it wasn't inside out.

VulnoX on
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    h5 sheri

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I want contacts that are up to my current prescription again.

I used to love my contacts.

I couldn't feel them at all.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    Seriously, I can't even feel the right one, but this left one feels like I have an eyelash in my eye and the vision keeps on getting all screwed up.

Someone with contacts help me out here.

It will often feel that way if your contact is inside out. Considering the struggle to get them in the first time, that is a real possibility.

Take it out, depress it to flip it inside out, and reinsert it.

See if it feels any different.

Edit: I replied before reading past the first post.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    h5 sheri

h5

Stick with your glasses, MB

Be rad like me

Sheri on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Maybe not a week, but yeah, after a while they become easy to manage and you barely even notice them as long as you do dumb shit like sleep with them in.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Seriously, I can't even feel the right one, but this left one feels like I have an eyelash in my eye and the vision keeps on getting all screwed up.

Someone with contacts help me out here.

It will often feel that way if your contact is inside out. Considering the struggle to get them in the first time, that is a real possibility.

Take it out, depress it to flip it inside out, and reinsert it.

See if it feels any different.

lern2reedthread nub

Sheri on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2007
    MB get two monocles

bongi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    how about if I just take a pen and gouge it right into my cornea

no more contact problem

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    holy shit Mani, that's hilarious.

That's like, in the bathroom...the mouthwash and the aftershave used to be very similar looking (until Fram switched aftershaves), but he always feared one day he would end up swirling a bunch of aftershave around in his mouth.

This is exactly why the foot cream is kept in the hallway cupboard, far from the toothpaste.
    I can only make out shapes without my glasses, and there are just too many things that can go wrong.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    bongi wrote: »
    MB get two monocles
    oh man

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So there I was, home alone, hungry as fuck. So, spagetti, I mean, I love spagetti, we had a baguette lying on the counter... only problem was no homemade sauce. Just some jar shit that I normally only use just as a sauce base.

But I had italian sausage in the freezer! Yes! This was going to be the best of meals. So I cook up that sausage, pour the ragu and a little red wine over that shit, spice it up and viola, delicious spagetti. I sit down in front of the TV to watch a movie and eat my delicious meal when suddenly my eye itches.

So I rub my finger in it.

Worst fucking idea all night. I managed (through stupidity) to plant a small square of dried red jalapeno pepper in the corner of my eye. Pain slammed into me like a fist. The breath went out of me, and instantly my vision walleyed as tears filled my right eye. I just wanted to curl up on the floor and die. I'd had a few glasses of wine at the time, so it seemed like a reasonable course of action. Instead I forced myself to get up, stumble to the kitchen, and run cold water over my eyeball until it no longer felt like there was a miniature grizzly bear in my tear duct mauling my flesh.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Then you get to wear an eyepatch.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    Maybe not a week, but yeah, after a while they become easy to manage and you barely even notice them as long as you do dumb shit like sleep with them in.

Oh god, I did that with my old style contacts (I have those gel ones now), man, it took a lot of work just to get my eye to open so I could take it out the next morning.

For the rest of the day my eye was overly sensitive to light and hard to keep open.

Boy, that was fun, and something I never did again.

VulnoX on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    There are so many blind people on this forum

I can't see more than two inches in front of my face

Sheri on
  • Options
    DranoDrano __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    i got used to it pretty quick...
    but you know... im a real man.
    whats your girlfriends number?

Drano on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I always have a few glasses of wine at shit time myself

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Like a year ago my eyes got really itchy so I switched to a new contact solution that was supposed to help. It did, but it was also had a bunch of rules that went with it like it had to go in this special case, which went into another case, and you couldn't let the solution touch your eye as it was b/c it was like a acid or something.

A few weeks after I started using it, I woke up one day, was extremely groggy, and tried to put my contacts in. One of them was dirty, so I rinsed it w/ the solution. When I put it back in I quickly realized my mistake. It felt like I was going blind. Luckily after some fidgeting, I got it out, and soon doused my eye with water for five minutes. It was only red for most of the day.

I just switched to this stuff. I'm really paranoid now. I think I might keep the solution under lock and key or something.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I might buy another years worth, because I think I look more attractive without my glasses. But it's not really something I'd like to spend money on, at this point.

Javen on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007

Not me. I prefer an ice-cold can of Red Dog.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

I really need to stop making a reply, and after re-reading it insert more details or trim it, because it always leads to awkward stuff. Like shit time.

Shit time is pretty awkward.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sheri wrote: »

Yeah, I can't believe how common eye problems are for humans. It seems like almost everyone I meet has at least something about their eyes that they need some kind of help with.

My left eye has perfect vision, but my right eye has very minor lazy eye, unlike some people you can't really tell by looking at me that I have it, but if I try to just use my right eye it looks like I have black spots appearing and disappearing constantly.

Worst thing is that unlike a lot of problems people have, mine can't be fixed with any kind of surgery, laser or otherwise. Yay.

VulnoX on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    So there I was, home alone, hungry as fuck. So, spagetti, I mean, I love spagetti, we had a baguette lying on the counter... only problem was no homemade sauce. Just some jar shit that I normally only use just as a sauce base.

But I had italian sausage in the freezer! Yes! This was going to be the best of meals. So I cook up that sausage, pour the ragu and a little red wine over that shit, spice it up and viola, delicious spagetti. I sit down in front of the TV to watch a movie and eat my delicious meal when suddenly my eye itches.

So I rub my finger in it.

Worst fucking idea all night. I managed (through stupidity) to plant a small square of dried red jalapeno pepper in the corner of my eye. Pain slammed into me like a fist. The breath went out of me, and instantly my vision walleyed as tears filled my right eye. I just wanted to curl up on the floor and die. I'd had a few glasses of wine at the time, so it seemed like a reasonable course of action. Instead I forced myself to get up, stumble to the kitchen, and run cold water over my eyeball until it no longer felt like there was a miniature grizzly bear in my tear duct mauling my flesh.

Once we strung a whole bunch of peppers for a week or so to dry them out. When it was done, I had to break them open and remove the seeds.

Afterwards, of course I washed my hands, but I didn't get all the residue off because I about blinded myself the next time my eyes itched.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    VulnoX wrote: »

Yeah, I can't believe how common eye problems are for humans. It seems like almost everyone I meet has at least something about their eyes that they need some kind of help with.

My left eye has perfect vision, but my right eye has very minor lazy eye, unlike some people you can't really tell by looking at me that I have it, but if I try to just use my right eye it looks like I have black spots appearing and disappearing constantly.

Worst thing is that unlike a lot of problems people have, mine can't be fixed with any kind of surgery, laser or otherwise. Yay.

Lazy eyes trip me the fuck out, but I have, like, five friends with lazy eyes.

Sheri on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    my eyes are fine

Raneados on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Never put salt in your eyes!
    KILL DANNY

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    Once we strung a whole bunch of peppers for a week or so to dry them out. When it was done, I had to break them open and remove the seeds.

Afterwards, of course I washed my hands, but I didn't get all the residue off because I about blinded myself the next time my eyes itched.

Wash your hands in milk next time.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My eyes are pretty bad. I don't know what all the numbers on my prescription mean, but -525 is on there and that doesn't sound too good.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My roommate once slept with his contacts in. Came home drunk, just passed out.

He woke up in the morning and took 'em out. There were loud shrieks coming from the bathroom, and he ran out of the house, jumped in his car and sped away.

He came home later, and his eye was blood red. I find out he just bolted to the hospital.

It was disgusting. Apparently, he ripped off... I dunno, whatever eye is make out of. He was off work for a few days, and had to stay out of sunlight.

So, don't do that.

mcp on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    When i was little I was running around and I fell on a corner of..something... and i had to get stitches all up in my left eyelid.

I dont remember the incident, thankfully.

But I have a tiny scar, barely noticable unless I were to tell someone and show them.

ive been thinking of upgrading to
    locke_lightdark.jpg

Graves on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Seriously, though, think about it.

There are a ton of people with eye problems.

What did people do before they were smart enough to wear glasses?

That's what the paleontologists don't tell you. Early man was like a Benny Hill gag reel, all running into trees and stepping on rakes.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Yeah, I was really self conscious about mine for awhile, but everyone I know has said they never notice it. My eye doctor said I did enough exercise on it when i was younger that it isn't as bad as it could be.

I would not be real big on having my eye rolling around looking for more interesting sights while I was trying to talk to someone.

VulnoX on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I was really irresponsible when I had contacts, I kept them in for like six months at a time

nothing bad ever happened though

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Yeah, I was really self conscious about mine for awhile, but everyone I know has said they never notice it. My eye doctor said I did enough exercise on it when i was younger that it isn't as bad as it could be.

I would not be real big on having my eye rolling around looking for more interesting sights while I was trying to talk to someone.

It just makes me uncomfortable because I'm not sure which eye to look at to know where they're really looking.

Also it's fucking creepy.

Sheri on
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    First new glasses in 6 years.

Only because I haven't had an eye exam in as many years...

And I'm not going to switch to the new pair until I'm over this cold. One challenge at a time, please.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    For the first time, well, ever, I really love the glasses frames that I have. Unfortunately, the coating on the right lens is starting to come off and it's kind of distracting, so I need to get the lenses replaced. Since it's been a year since my last check up, I need to do that, too. So I get to walk around a few days with my old frames and my old prescription. D:

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    There was this guy who used to come into the Gamestop I worked at who looked like a moleman

and his eyes couldn't focus

like, if you made eye contact with him, you'd see how his eyes constantly shook at hummingbird speed

crazy

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007

It just makes me uncomfortable because I'm not sure which eye to look at to know where they're really looking.

Also it's fucking creepy.

Awesome, I was looking for a reason to renew my self-consciousness about it.

VulnoX on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I didn't mention that this is a new prescription, too.

I'm fucking trippin here.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg