As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Control

SuperunknownSuperunknown Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Social Entropy++
Anyone else pumped for this movie? It got hella good reviews at Cannes at a trailer was put up on Youtube today with handy French subtitles.
Control, Anton Corbijn's movie about Joy Division, is the buzziest film of the festival so far, at least among the British contingent. At Harvey Weinstein's rooftoop drinks party yesterday afternoon, critics - including our own dear Peter Bradshaw and James Christopher of the Times, both caught in the act of ordering delicious watermelon martinis - were united in their enthusiasm. Variety has called it "sombre, sad and compelling". This correspondent was transfixed, not least by the extraordinary cheekbones of Sam Riley, playing Ian Curtis. Corbijn yesterday said that he'd wanted to find a lead actor with something of the quality of the young boy in Ken Loach's masterpiece, Kes. There's no doubt: Riley's got it. The film reaches the UK in September, don't miss it.
Variety wrote:
Somber, sad and compelling, Ian Curtis biopic "Control," about Blighty '80s post-punk band Joy Division's lead singer, is a riveting, visually arresting portrait of a soul in torment. Central perf by Sam Riley is a winner, surrounded by a strong ensemble of thesps. First feature helming bow by photographer Anton Corbijn manages to present working-class Northern England in a wide range of appealing grays that make the description "black-and-white film" inadequate.

View trailer here.

Superunknown on

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    indy cred list on multiple levels

Barcardi on
  • Options
    Geebs61Geebs61 Ruiner PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Alt-Delete

Geebs61 on
  • Options
    ShenanigansShenanigans Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm not not not excited.