As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Broadband ISP Choices

valtzyvaltzy Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all, I'm looking for a new, residential, broadband ISP in NY (downstate, triborough area) and was wondering if you guys could tell me a bit about your experiences with various ISPs. I just came from time warner road runner service and was looking to switch to verizon dsl or earthlink dsl. However, in the past, I have heard nasty things about earthlink and was not in a rush to switch to them. I've also heard things about comcast, speakeasy, and various smaller isps. I used to have verizon in the past, but was not too pleased with their service. Most of the plans I've been looking at seem to advertise 3.0 Mbps (and earthlink in particular 8 Mbps, which seems pretty good for the price they have). Thanks.

valtzy on

• Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PC Computers Magazine has this month out an article that did a study whats the best ISP around the nation. Check it out for more information.

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    RyakStormRyakStorm Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Is Verizon FIOS available in your area? I would look into that first.

I've used Verizon DSL for 6 years now, and it's been out a grand total of three times, the longest outage was four hours I believe. For me it's been a solid service, speeds always as advertised, A+++ would subscribe again.

RyakStorm on