As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Soccer Sports Bar Toronto Canada?

NinjaPirate720NinjaPirate720 Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all, I have a question for you Torontians:

I am attending the Toronto FC match at BMO field on Sunday, June 17th. I am super pumped to experience the atmosphere i have heard so much about. I am a Real Madrid fanatic, and their final game to win the Spanish title takes place on the same Sunday two hours before the game. Real Madrid kicks off at 11am, and the Toronto game begins at 1pm.

Do any of you know of sports bars that show soccer games? The game will be on Gol TV and i will die if i miss Madrid winning their first title in years. If you could throw out some names of sports bars you know show soccer games, i will look em up and call to see if they are planning on having the game on Sunday. It would also be awesome if the bar was near the stadium so we can go to the game immediately after the bar. Thanks in advance for all your help!

NinjaPirate720 on

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Go anywhere on College street (or even Dundas) near Ossington. That area's soccer central, and you can then just head straight down Shaw/Strachan to the CNE area and then over to the field.

I don't know any closer options, I'm afraid, but you'll find the game on tv there without question.

EDIT: I meant to mention the following bars: Cafe Diplomatico, El Gato Nero, Bar Azzuri --- erm... there are about fifteen more that you'd have good luck with, but I can't remember their names. I'm not in Toronto at the moment, or I'd take a stroll along College and let you know. Sorry 'bout that. College/Dundas and Ossington. Check it out.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    NinjaPirate720NinjaPirate720 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just called Bar Azzurri, the guy was freaking awesome haha. Thanks for the tip, ill be watching the game there. Thanks again!

NinjaPirate720 on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You're welcome. Enjoy the game(s).

Don't badmouth Italy in that bar. Seriously. They'll never find your corpse.

Kidding. Mostly. :P

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Congrats! Mo Johnston is an awesome guy and i'm jealous for you to have a team where you are...I just moved. My advice is find some hardcore supporters - lots of people will be prosaic and it's frustrating if you're used to lots of hooting and hollering.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    As someone on the waiting list for Toronto FC season tickets, I don't think that'd be hard to find hardcore fans in Toronto. :)

Bar Azurri is definitely a good choice, though.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif