As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Europe 'n' Stuff

sage_ich_nichtsage_ich_nicht Registered User regular
edited February 2005 in PAX Archive
1. Anyone seriously trying to go from here to the new World? :lol:
2. Does anybody know a cheap way over the big sea?(NO, trans-sibiric train and then over the landbridge with a few ships ISN'T a cheap way. Neither is it to walk trough the Artic and Canada. Maybe something like a ship or... well dunno, something cheaper then Staralliance.)
3. If their is no cheaper way then by plane, wanna meet in Heathrow/BAA(Because we all are going to be there anyway[If anybody is going to make it{me included}, of course.].)? :o
4. If a group is going to make it, I except some big "welcome group" at Tacoma International/SEA! :twisted:

"Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist.
Children already know that monsters exist.
Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed."

G. K. Chesterton
sage_ich_nicht on

• Options
    impsethimpseth Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    I say just grab a hot air balloon and let the gaming winds take you where they may.

impseth on
    Sigs are fun.
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2005
    I feel your pain, not living in Europe, but on the opposite end of the country from Seattle in Florida.... counting hotels it would be almost 450 dollars... which I would have, but I don't think I should spend.

:(

Next year I hope its moved to a more central location.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    I know a (realy evil) trick that lets Uncle Sam pay you a Greyhoundticket. :lol:@Jasconius

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2005
    I know a (realy evil) trick that lets Uncle Sam pay you a Greyhoundticket. :lol:@Jasconius

A bus ride across the country?

I can't get much farther geographically from Seattle and still live in the U.S.

A bus ride would be brutal.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Means you life either somewhere in the Miamiarea or on Hawaii. Since you didn't say a busride would be impossible, i'd say its the first one. PM me if you still wanna know it.

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • Options
    AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    actually i'd be more interested in whether or not gabe, tycho and robert would allow a european version to be run. It would have to be at least an order of magnitude smaller than pax, but it could be a viable alternative for all us europeans who wish that we had a cool expo to go to.

I'm thinking the UK would be the best place to host, (although for obvious reasons, running it in Ireland would suit me fine :) ). Perhaps organising it via a university during the summer would be efficient - they'd have lots of space, accomodation, restaurant, bars etc etc all in one handy location (and they generally are very accessible via public transport)

Any thoughts?

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich