As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secondary source of income

nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm looking for a decent way to make some extra cash in my free time. I work like 45 hour weeks so I don't have a ton of extra. Still my job doesnt payenough and it'd be great to even have a couple hundred extra bucks a month. I'm looking for some suggestions on ways to make extra cash that wouldn't require asecond real job.

I'm a pretty tech savvy guy and was considering doing some independent consulting in ym neighborhood or something. Any ideas on how I could get started? I know little about bussiness but am willing to learn.

nexuscrawler on

• Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I used to offer PC trouble shooting in my apartment block for 20$ a pop. Pretty good for a first venture. Just put up signs in the lobby and wait for a call. I did maybe three troubles a week, and tutorials here and there for some extra cash. Pretty good fun, most PC issues stem from a lack of user knowledge than b0rken equipment.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    CasperCasper __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Offer to set up wireless networks, I did this for my apartment and charged $30 for the router and $5 for each pc to be connected and made money fairly quick. Most people are fairly computer stupid so its easy to make cash that way.

Casper on