As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cable Internet Woes

IHasABucketIHasABucket Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So for the last 3-4 weeks, my Internet (Comcast Cable) has been a huge piece of shit. It'll browse / play games / whatever for like 2-15 minutes and then it will just fucking drop. I get kicked out of games, off of SSH, the internet just dies, etc. Then, about 15-30 seconds later, it comes back full speed. Then after another 2-15 minutes, same deal.

Thus far, I've tried plugging the cable modem directly into my computer and performing the following:

Check my computer for viruses and spyware (2 AV programs and 3 Spyware programs) - None detected
Had Comcast come out to my house - They told me some of the equipment was 10+ years old. They changed stuff at the box outside, the box next to the house, and inside the house. They left before the problem presented itself again, but it's baaaaaaaaack....

I'm fucking stumped. I am really praying it's just fucking Comcast, but can anyone else think of something it might be?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IHasABucket on

• Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I had a problem that was pretty similar to this and I found out that the modem was faulty after I got a new one from them.

khain on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ya, get a new modem from comcast.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar