As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

reasons to keep my 360?

2»

• Options
    The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    One option is to see if you can make any use of the media functions of the 360... Turn it into a Stereo for a bit, and rip all your CDs to it. If you can get video working, convert a bunch of random viral videos to WMV and watch from the confort of your living/bedroom.

The Listener on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i almost thought that was a spam post

Ranced on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I want to build a new gaming PC pretty soon, and it's pretty much killed my plans to get a 360.

I may get one when they're under $200 with the hard drive. I think the most exciting prospect about it all is the Live Arcade.

Edit: And a few titles that probably won't end up on PC, and possibly MGS4 someday...

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Thats a nice list :D

I really hope Black and Army of Two don't suck :)

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I use my 360 maybe once or twice a week.

I'm still convinced it's the best $500CAD I've ever spent.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    KarfKarf The Past Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sell it.

The 360 is a sinking system now that the PS3 is out and will be hitting its stride soon. Imagine all the jPRGs! Sure, the 360 has some good games right now, but it's not Final Fantasy.

Plus, you can install Linux on the PS3. Think of the fun you can have with Linux!

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Karf wrote: »
    Sell it.

The 360 is a sinking system now that the PS3 is out and will be hitting its stride soon. Imagine all the jPRGs! Sure, the 360 has some good games right now, but it's not Final Fantasy.

Plus, you can install Linux on the PS3. Think of the fun you can have with Linux!

Tell me more, this PS Three as you say sounds quite interesting. What are these jay-arr-pee-gees?

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sell it.

Tell me more, this PS Three as you say sounds quite interesting. What are these jay-arr-pee-gees?
    Oh, they're just magical. Some effeminate boy saves the world from another effeminate evil man. One of them had boobies.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sell it.

Yeah, I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I guess it depends on which forum you go to.

The DS is actually getting the next Dragon Warrior so that will hurt Sony's chances in Japan next year.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sell it.

Oh, they're just magical. Some effeminate boy saves the world from another effeminate evil man. One of them had boobies.

Ah, most excellent then.

Seriously enough, the OP sounds like he wants to get rid of it, and its a pretty good time to leave, you could do pretty decently selling off a 360 before Halo 3 drops. Besides, if he ever wants to come back he can get one cheaper and probably with redesigned internals.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    lets just say it hurt typing that

Seriously, though. If you aren't enjoying the system and can get a decent amount of money for it, then go for it. If you want to hang on through the summer drought and catch up on some awesome games you missed, keep it.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited June 2007
    I think having a 360 and a Wii makes you set for anything you'd ever want this generation.

Too Human and Mass Effect are big titles for me (though Bioware is on notice, if i have to unite a pair of lovers from rival families one more time...) . I have my eye on Assassin's Creed, too.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think selling an Xbox 360 if you love video games is silly because it has clearly the best line up for the rest of the year if you ask me (and I think Wii's and DS's look pretty great too), and is likely going to be the best selling high-horsepower next-gen system for the next year or so, perhaps even a couple years, perhaps for the whole generation. And the consoles that people buy are the ones that get the games.

bruin on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My Xbox 360 doubles as a portable heater. Seriously the sucker warms up my room in 15 minutes.

Halo 3 Halo 3 HALO 3

Thats the main reason I have mine other than cosy feet and Assasin's Creed.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    verbel wrote: »
    Thanks to all of you who were kind enough to give actual opinions instead of insults. As for the rest of you thanks for reminding me why I hate most people. I'm going to make my own decision on whether or not I want to keep it or sell it I just wanted to see what others thought and see what they were looking forward down the road.

Look what you did, guys. He's crying now, FFS.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lilylidoulilylidou Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    halo,doa
    is great
    So I keep it.

lilylidou on
    :P:lol:
    Thanks You Comments
    MySpace Surveys
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    FreddyD wrote: »

There is a guy at work who absolutely insists that the Xbox360 is going down the tubes, that Microsoft has no playable games, he hasn't touched his xbox360 in 6 months and MS is so desperate because they are losing to sony (he stood in line for a PS3, I dunno what games he plays on it because he hates shooters so I guess... Genji or something)

I like talking to fanboys, the sheer hilarity of it all.

Anyway @ the OP, you were given plenty of reasons to keep it and referred to them as insults (honestly what do you expect? every other thread is about some xbox 360 game coming out), if you've made up your mind not to keep it just sell it, it's a no brainer.

override367 on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

There is a guy at work who absolutely insists that the Xbox360 is going down the tubes, that Microsoft has no playable games, he hasn't touched his xbox360 in 6 months and MS is so desperate because they are losing to sony (he stood in line for a PS3, I dunno what games he plays on it because he hates shooters so I guess... Genji or something)

I like talking to fanboys, the sheer hilarity of it all.

Anyway @ the OP, you were given plenty of reasons to keep it and referred to them as insults (honestly what do you expect? every other thread is about some xbox 360 game coming out), if you've made up your mind not to keep it just sell it, it's a no brainer.

Quite frankly... LOL @ Genji.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Honestly, would you rather play all of those inferior games on the XBOX 360, or play games in four dimensions on the PS3? I mean, is there really any other choice?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Ant000Ant000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I didn't play my 360 for probably five months after I had played Gears of War into the ground. I recently bought Forza 2 however and I'm back at it with a renewed Live account and am blown away by the quality of this game. With Mass Effect, Halo3, GTA4, Bioshock, and Guitar Hero 3 square in my sights, I may put it down again for a few months, but I know I'll come back to it again and again.

Also, say what you will about Microsoft, but I continue to be blown away by the Dashboard and Xbox live -- they are truly noteworthy feats of interface and multiplayer design, respectively.

Lately I've also considered picking up a Slim PS2 since the only PS2 games I really played were FFX and GTA3 on a borrowed console, to fill in the gaps of these Xbox360 blockbuster releases. God of War 1/2, Guitar Hero 80's Edition, FFXII, Metal Gear Solid 3, GTA:SA, and the Prince of Persia series look pretty compelling.

Ant000 on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My arms fell off yesterday. Should I sell my Wii?

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Do you still have a penis?

FreddyD on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Apparently the fourth gaming dimension is cost.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    XBLA. That's the main reason I'm keeping mine.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Didn't you read? He's thinking of selling it!

I'm so sorry...

Djiem on
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Djiem wrote: »

I'm so sorry...
    :^:

Zoolander on
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ant000 wrote: »
    I didn't play my 360 for probably five months after I had played Gears of War into the ground. I recently bought Forza 2 however and I'm back at it with a renewed Live account and am blown away by the quality of this game. With Mass Effect, Halo3, GTA4, Bioshock, and Guitar Hero 3 square in my sights, I may put it down again for a few months, but I know I'll come back to it again and again.

Also, say what you will about Microsoft, but I continue to be blown away by the Dashboard and Xbox live -- they are truly noteworthy feats of interface and multiplayer design, respectively.

Lately I've also considered picking up a Slim PS2 since the only PS2 games I really played were FFX and GTA3 on a borrowed console, to fill in the gaps of these Xbox360 blockbuster releases. God of War 1/2, Guitar Hero 80's Edition, FFXII, Metal Gear Solid 3, GTA:SA, SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS and the Prince of Persia series look pretty compelling.

fixed :^:

For the record, KEEP IT. Like others have said...if after this year you're still unsure...then sell it.

Scotty on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Djiem wrote: »

I'm so sorry...

Exactly, what's the point in having a Wii if you can't waggle it?

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Money was tight at one point which resulted in me almost selling my 360. Then I remembered all the cool XBLA games I had and repented of my sin. Pacman: CE just came out last week and the Prince of Persia remake came out today. I made the right decision. :)

RainbowDespair on