As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Superstitions and Your Kooky Ways

1234568»

• Options
    Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    #pipe wrote: »
    I check the underside of the car and the floorboard of the back seat every time I get in. If I have a bag or clothes in the floorboard, I'll lift it up and set it on the seat, just to make sure the floorboard is clear.

You know, for killers, gremlins, undead hobos, snakes, etc.

Every time.

I had a huge spider that lived in my old car for a while. Every now and then I'd be driving down the freeway at 100 km/h and it'd run out of the wheel well across the hood and up the windshield and I'd freak out and scream like a lady and swerve everywhere.

That spider was a total dick.

To be fair, don't you live in Australia, land of 1000 deadly spiders?

Wise_a on
  • Options
    Butterfly4uButterfly4u Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't say or write out how my name would be if I were to get married to the guy I am dating. I also don't put my wedding rings from my previous marriage on my ring finger, because I believe these things doom the relationship.
    I have only had a bad day once on Friday the 13th. I love Friday the 13th! It's sucha sinister day.

Butterfly4u on
    Butterfly
  • Options
    Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I always watch office space and half baked while im in the process of studying for finals

its tradition, and it usually yields excellent results

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I used to like Friday the 13 because they would show friday the 13 movies on tv
    and I was a nerd who had no friends and never got invited to parties
    So it worked out quite well

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    divine willydivine willy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Around here, we call it the yellow light game. Whoever kisses there palm and slaps there hand against the ceiling last, while under the yellow light, has to remove a piece of clothing. Man that's a great beach trip game.

divine willy on
    gametag-Crafticus
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Around here, we call it the yellow light game. Whoever kisses there palm and slaps there hand against the ceiling last, while under the yellow light, has to remove a piece of clothing. Man that's a great beach trip game.

Not as good as Chinese firedrill, believe you me.

Anyway, along the same lines as my rampant belief in luck and my impression upon events around me, I've noticed that lately (and maybe forever, but I'm just picking up on it now), if I imagine something happening, it doesn't happen. It might just be some weird personal tic where if I've imagined something I fail to personally set into motion the events that would lead to it, but some really, really strange things have happened to cause my expectations to go awry.

I mean, this goes beyond "the best laid plans of mice and men". This goes to the point of purposeful denying of what I expect. It's to the point that if I begin imagining something I want to happen, my brain initiates an almost instinctual shutdown, and moves all neural attention to what's going on around me at the moment. I wouldn't expect it to have gone this far, but I don't even think about it anymore; I am instinctually slapping my mental hand with a ruler when it reaches for the cookie jar of the future.

tl;dr: cookie jar of the future

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Aggronaut wrote: »
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I check the underside of the car and the floorboard of the back seat every time I get in. If I have a bag or clothes in the floorboard, I'll lift it up and set it on the seat, just to make sure the floorboard is clear.

You know, for killers, gremlins, undead hobos, snakes, etc.

Every time.

I had a huge spider that lived in my old car for a while. Every now and then I'd be driving down the freeway at 100 km/h and it'd run out of the wheel well across the hood and up the windshield and I'd freak out and scream like a lady and swerve everywhere.

That spider was a total dick.

This happened to me once, i was wearing sandles and i felt something go across my foot as i was driving, i freaked out and almost crashed the car. I got out, looked around down there... and under my break pedal was a black widow.

A stranger time i was getting my car washed and the guy washing it came running up to me inside and asked me if i had forgotten my lizard. Perplexed i go to the car and underneath the seat was a iguana about two feet long.

where the fuck you live man?

IIRC he lives about 20 miles north of San Diego

the wook on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    We don't have Iguanas in Australia, we have Goannas

and we don't have Black Widows, we have Red Backs

#pipe on
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    red back is from the black widow family pipey

Oden on
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    hello droogs i am huge

770px-Perentie_Lizard_Perth_Zoo_SMC_Spet_2005.jpg

Oden on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Oden wrote: »
    red back is from the black widow family pipey

I know that.

Goannas are great. all eating mice and climbing the shit out of trees.

#pipe on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i have always wondered about Australia

going there, but then, with the spiders in the shoes and the crocodiles and the snakes and the scorpions and the jellyfish and the sharks i end up thinking

'why doesn't everyone in Australia have a massive attack of paranoia that they will be stung or bitten, and then wrap themselves in clingfilm and lock themselves in an airtight safe like i would do if i lived there'

Nuzak on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man o' War jellyfish scare the fuck out of me.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    SoonerManSoonerMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The story about the spider coming out the wheel made me laugh my ass off. Thank you.

My friend was driving me to get my car and randomly she starts screaming, "OHMYGODMOMHODGOD!" "Huh?" "SPIDER!" Would've been just as funny if she was a good driver.

SoonerMan on
    Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma~! O-K-U!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Nuzak wrote: »

going there, but then, with the spiders in the shoes and the crocodiles and the snakes and the scorpions and the jellyfish and the sharks i end up thinking

'why doesn't everyone in Australia have a massive attack of paranoia that they will be stung or bitten, and then wrap themselves in clingfilm and lock themselves in an airtight safe like i would do if i lived there'

dude, Funnel Webs can bite you through a leather work boot. What the fuck good is cling film going to do?

#pipe on
  • Options
    tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ok, so when I was little I used to eat cereal every day.
    If, by the end of the bowl, I had an even number of "o's" (or what have you) I was going to have a good day.
    If it was uneven, I stood the chance of having a bad luck day.

tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If, by the end of the bowl, I had an even number of "o's" (or what have you) I was going to have a good day.
    What if you ate them all?

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    SirToasty wrote: »
    What if you ate them all?

Alien attack.

#pipe on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    we had this thread already yes

anyway

this sums up why i like to wrap myself in my sheets

Eat_your_Feet.jpg

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jesus christ. Thats terrifying

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Oh my god.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    sleep tight guys

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    You fuck.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Butterfly4uButterfly4u Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I wasn't aware we had iguanas running wild in the U.S.
    Another superstition I have is I never pick up any coin off of the ground if it's tails up. If you do it will bring you bad luck.
    I never purposely run a red light, but we have quick lights here. Also before your light is green you already are off the brake and switching over to gas as soon as the light the other way has turned red. With all of us college kids around it's not safe to run red lights.

Butterfly4u on
    Butterfly
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Nuzak wrote: »

dude, Funnel Webs can bite you through a leather work boot. What the fuck good is cling film going to do?

What the fuck? How big is this spider? Does it have fangs as long as its body? jesus.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    my friend is going to end it with this girl from the congo he's been seeing, she's got some crazy ideas in her head. She thinks cats are evil and people who own them are witches, so she threw boiling water on her own cat took the thing 2 days to die. Also she thinks white people frequently enjoy sex with animals and asked him had he had sex with his pet dog.

FAQ on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    is she a witch

WITCH

Faricazy on
  • Options
    [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think superstitions are dumb, and so I dont have any that I know about.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    "Impact" is one of the few fonts that I can recognize on sight. I believe that image uses the font, Impact...

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    impact will eat your feet

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    untitledin6.jpg

Impact!

Dangerou-Dave on