As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So, Shadow of the Colossus tech question...

MalachMalach Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Is it one of those double layer dvd's like Rogue Galaxy or God of War 2? Because I can't get RG to play anymore on my PS2, which makes me cry, but more importantly Gamefly sent me a copy of Shadow cuz I haven't played it. I pop it in, I'm all, wow this looks pretty rad, I hit new game, it starts with the intro stuff, and before I'm even able to take control of my duder, it kinda goes black screen on me with lil sound loop and is basically dead. And everytime I've tried since I don't get anything at all. It'll say PS2 and then bam, black screen. So, is this a double layer and my old as PS2 just ain't gonna do the trick, or did Gamefly just send me a shitty copy?

Lynch2028.png
Malach on

• Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just tell Gamefly your copy you were sent didn't work and get a new one. It's subscription, right? So it doesn't cost anything, and you can probably get it fairly quickly. Then you can try that. If it doesn't work, your PS2 is dying, and I don't know much about that, but someone else could tell you what's wrong.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    tybeettybeet Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You could take some rubbing alcohol to the bottom for cleaning purposes & good measure, eh wot?

tybeet on
  • Options
    krlkrl Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    krl on
  • Options
    blincolnblincoln Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    tybeet wrote: »
    You could take some rubbing alcohol to the bottom for cleaning purposes & good measure, eh wot?

This is not recommended for CDs and DVDs. Clean water and a paper towel should be enough anyway.

blincoln on
    Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/