As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

UK Car Insurance Claims

Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, here's the situation. A couple days ago I insured my Dad's van with me as the main policy holder and my Dad as a named driver. The main reason I was the one insuring was because I haven't insured in a couple years and didn't want my two years of no claims to expire.

Well today I get a phonecall from Dad, he's only gone and reversed into a parked car. Now the thing is he has fully comprehensive cover on his car that would have covered him third party on the van anyway, didn't really need to name him on my policy but we didn't think of that until now.

My question is, does anyone know if he can claim on his car insurance or does he have to go through my insurance and screw my no claims? Have been trying to find information on this front but google is mostly giving me results from all the insurers on how to make a claim on a policy with them.

Cheers for any help.

Ashaman42 on