As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hinge Crack on...A Launch DS? What?

ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
Yup, that's right. I've had this DS since I opened her on Christmas morning of 04, and fired up Super Mario 64 DS.

And now, she's got the dreaded hinge crack. I mean, I've heard of the crack on the Lites...But a launch DS? Could I send this to Nintendo for free repairs, or do I need a new one?

Scrumtrulescent on

• Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'd take this opportunity to upgrade to a Lite. The difference in screen brightness (and overall image quality due to increased brightness) is night and day. That alone is worth the upgrade, besides the numerous other improvements.

I sold my original DS a few months ago and bought a Lite a week ago for Pokemon...man, it's like a whole different system.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I would call up Nintendo, maybe they can help you out by giving you a discount on a new or refurbished DS. Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007
    It is way past your warranty time, so they probably won't fix it for free

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This is Nintendo's way of telling you to buy a Lite. You don't want to make Nintendo angry.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    that's a shame

i have both a lite and regular ds, but i dont see why the regular gets so much negativity. i guess nobody really liked the gba regular either

xta on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    xta wrote: »
    that's a shame

i have both a lite and regular ds, but i dont see why the regular gets so much negativity. i guess nobody really liked the gba regular either
    It was a battery drainer and clunky in design, not to mention it had a terrible screen. I was glad when the SP came out.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA