As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HP Pocket PC Touch Screen

ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I have an HP Pocket PC that I haven't used in awhile, and the touch screen seems to have ceased functioning. It'll boot up just fine, but it won't detect where I'm touching it at all. Is there an easy way to fix this, or is it fried?

Thanatos on

• Options
    edited June 2007
    So, is the silence code for "you're fucked, but I'm afraid you'll ban the messenger?"

Thanatos on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Your best bet would be to call HP, who will in all likelihood tell you that you are indeed fucked.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If it's been a while it's probably out of warranty and you're SOL.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, it's been awhile, and it's definitely out of warranty. :?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have no idea if this will work for a pocket PC, but with older Palms, completely resetting the device would force a reset of the touchscreen, and it would also force a re-calibration. Have you tried wiping it out?

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    embrik wrote: »
    I have no idea if this will work for a pocket PC, but with older Palms, completely resetting the device would force a reset of the touchscreen, and it would also force a re-calibration. Have you tried wiping it out?
    Several times.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    What model is it? I've got an HP business account, so I can check their resources for help

embrik on

• Options
    edited June 2007
    embrik wrote: »
    What model is it? I've got an HP business account, so I can check their resources for help
    I'm at work right now, but I can post the model number when I get home. Thanks.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    No prob. I did a quick search for touch screen, which turned up a bunch of "not working" posts. Some posts indicated updated ROM images which fixed it, others indicated spare parts would need to be ordered.

embrik on