As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Greece!

the muffinthe muffin Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
(EDIT) Can anyone offer me nightlife advice in greece, im in athens, corfu and mykonos, I dont usally like to go to these places alone (is it easy to make friends my age(17/18) there?)
Is it difficult for people my age to get in to bars, clubs, etc?

any advice thanks!

the muffin on

• Options
    KMFurDMKMFurDM Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    All I can say is watch your wallet. My brother who is over there right now modelling and having an amazing time got his stolen on a bus. 500 bucks gone. I nearly yelled at him for being so complacent. Oh...if you do not have an unlocked GSM phone I suggest you get one then buy a prepaid SIM when you get there so you can always be in touch with your friends and family. It makes life much, much more comfortable.

The sockets are standard continental Europe plugs. Two round prongs, 240V.

KMFurDM on
  • Options
    SonosSonos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    No advice but everyone I've spoken to who has been there has it tops of all European countries. Talk about a beautiful set of islands I am truly jealous. Have fun!

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
    PokeCode: 3952 3495 1748
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Im not too worried about theft (i live in south africa) and yes I'm going to buy a sim there.

the muffin on
  • Options
    GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    the muffin wrote: »
    Im not too worried about theft (i live in south africa) and yes I'm going to buy a sim there.

I'm not too sure what you're implying here, but whatever...

Anyways, make sure you carry certain medical information with you just in case you have any weird allergies or in a medical emergency people you are with and/or back home can be contacted.

Gigaton on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ok thanks.
    Just to clarify: I'm not an inexperienced traveler, I just would like travel tips pertaining to Greece specifically.
    (and I was implying that due to the current status of crime in my country, I am accustomed to theft and it is something that I am subconsciously aware of, ie wallet in the front pocket, don't talk on a cell phone in the street, keep money in different pockets)

the muffin on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Updated help needed!

the muffin on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    the muffin wrote: »
    (EDIT) Can anyone offer me nightlife advice in greece, im in athens, corfu and mykonos, I dont usally like to go to these places alone (is it easy to make friends my age(17/18) there?)
    Is it difficult for people my age to get in to bars, clubs, etc?

any advice thanks!

corfu = pink palace

to give you an idea of what to do there:

1: go there
    2: shots of cheap booze
    3: E! network covered this place for a reason
    4: the reason is loose college chicks
    5: in the morning grab a 4 wheeler and go ride around the dunes
    6: DO NOT RENT A MOPED, YOU WILL CRASH
    edit: i should add that the dune riding and a 4 wheeler around the island is probably better than the sex, strange but true

be sure to buy a shirt when you are done...

PINK PALACE, its got a deceptive name, i recommend either going as a group or... if you have to go on your own, just pretend to be someone else

disclaimer: i went there like 4 years ago, so its probably changed a lil bit, perhapses for the better?

Barcardi on