As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Yet Another Webcomic Critique

vascyvascy Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Artist's Corner
I made this comic.
It's based on something that happened to me this morning.

Opinions, thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated...

20071124.png

:)

vascy on

• Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    I... don't understand? Is it funny that you weren't paying attention and killed an animal? As much as I despise pidgeons, I'd still feel bad for snuffing out another creature's life.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So you go around killing birds?

MagicToaster on
  • BananaChipsBananaChips Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Steering wheel on the right side of the car? There's something wrong with you folks overseas.

Wait a minute, steering wheel on the right and driving on the right lane? Don't you drive on the left side of the road in the UK or am I just retarded?

BananaChips on
    bananagr9.png
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Maybe he's a mailman?

• bread of wonderbread of wonder Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's spelled pigeon.

bread of wonder on
    Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Maybe he's a mailman?

That made me laugh.

I'm not really sure what you're going for here. The art has a certain simplistic charm to it, but I don't understand the story at all. Is it an autobiographical account? Is there something else to it?

NibCrom on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Either you're very young, or this is a set-up.

NightDragon on
  • CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The date on the comic is for late November.. its a warning from the future

There is still time to stop this from happening!!

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • EnefEnef Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    vascy wrote: »
    I made this comic.

It's an autobiographical thing, guys, he isn't trying to make a joke he is just telling a story.

It seems that the creator is english, judging by the right hand side driving, i would say that the road he is on is a one way road but i don't know why someone would drive all the way on the right side of a one way road if that was the case....

For the creator: Don't use paint. at least use a pencil and paper, then come back and show it again!

Enef on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The car looks like it wants to eat the poor pigeon.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • EstiloEstilo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That's how he rolls.

Estilo on
  • matthewbmatthewb Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Enef wrote: »
    vascy wrote: »
    I made this comic.

It seems that the creator is english, judging by the right hand side driving, i would say that the road he is on is a one way road but i don't know why someone would drive all the way on the right side of a one way road if that was the case....

In Australia we drive on the Left, and have right hand side steering aswell. It was probably put on the wrong side of the road without thinking, it doesn't matter. poor pigeon :|

matthewb on
  • vascyvascy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, regarding that comic...
    We drive on the left side of the road here, but I wasn't really going for accuracy in that comic.
    It's not a great drawing of a car, but I found it funny in an "it's an awful drawing" kind of way.

I could say the white lines on the road are correct, but they really aren't.
    They're only really there to help the reader know it's a road.

Anyway.

Another attempt:

20071201.png

vascy on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Opinions, thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated...

Are you really sure about this request? Really, really sure?

Synthetic Orange on
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm just gonna state the obvious. I'm sure it's a joke, and no one would purposely add a comic like this, but if it's for real...

It's terrible. Even if the jokes were funny, which they're not, it can never make up for a complete lack of art of any kind. You didn't even try.

Fail.

HugmasterGeneral on
    edited June 2007
    Why are all of these dated for months into our future?

• SavedSaved Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The first thing you need to do is give yourself a bigger space to work.

Even digitally, you want to give yourself enough room to actually draw something. At 150x150 pixels per panel, your art will always suffer.

Saved on
  • WastingPenguinsWastingPenguins Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ahaha, that Goldielocks one is actually pretty awesome in a cheesy, Pokey the Penguin kind of way.

WastingPenguins on