As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KoTOR Problems

Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm trying to play through KoTOR on PC again, but I'm getting an awful stutter. It started with a one-second pause every minute, and now every ten seconds I either stop and reappear on the other side of the zone or the game just freezes.

It's fully updated, and the system I'm running it on blew the old system I played through with no difficulty out of the water.

Dual nVidia 7800 GO GS's with 256mb cache
2048mb RAM
mad free hard drive space, yo
AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology ~2.5ghz Processor.

What's the problem?

Charles Kinbote on

• Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    is it Dantooine that's giving you problems? If so, then you might like this (from the Bioware forums)
    2. Dantoine is unplayable.

Solution: You have an ati card. Buy nvidia from now on. Just kidding, nvidia's starting to have this problem as well. Go into your swkotor.ini file and open it as a text file. The file is located by default in C:\program files\lucasarts\swkotor. Add the line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 somewhere under the [graphics options] section.

VoodooV on
  • Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Also,

omegadrivers.net

Check em out. Third party ATi and Nvidia drivers work wonders...usually.

Iceman.USAF on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Is your processor dualcore?

If so download the AMD dual core processor driver, this problem occurs on dualcore systems.

I had the same problem.

It's a processor timing issue, I think the download you need is the "AMD dual-core optimizer". You may want to grab the turion processor driver too.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.