As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Firefox/I.E. and YouTube video loading problems.

KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Some of my favorite videos (and some of my own) aren't working. They're stuck on the loading page. When I take a look at the JavaScript console, what I get is similar to this guys:

i9.tinypic.com/4q8q4ag.jpg

Help is greatly appreciated.

Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
TWITTER TWATS
KING LITERATE on

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    I feel you, at least on the YouTube part... let's see if our other problems are similar. This is a thread I posted about a week or two back:

"This information may be irrelevant, but just in case: about 3-4 days ago I realized I'd forgotten to pay my internet bill. The net was off for about 20 minutes before I realized my mistake and paid it.

Now it's back, but I've noticed a problem since then, and I'm unsure whether it's related.

Both Firefox (my primary browser) and IE (tried it too, out of curiosity) have problems following my directions and loading YouTube videos.

If I type a url or click on a link or click on one of my bookmarks, sometimes I have to do it six or seven times before the browser 'registers' the commands. I hear the click, but there's no progress made... like the laptop didn't realize it was being told to access something.

Once the command 'takes', it loads at normal speeds. Sometimes it takes up to ten clicks to do so, though.

Also, when accessing YouTube videos it's stuck on the loading screen. The odd video works, and I haven't had any problems playing embedded YouTube videos. But actually accessing the videos on the YouTube website or by clicking on a link from a friend results in an infinite loading screen.

I tried clearing my cache/browsing history etc.

Any other ideas?"

Do you also have that issue with the needing to click multiple times?

Organichu on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Organichu wrote: »
    I feel you, at least on the YouTube part... let's see if our other problems are similar. This is a thread I posted about a week or two back:

"This information may be irrelevant, but just in case: about 3-4 days ago I realized I'd forgotten to pay my internet bill. The net was off for about 20 minutes before I realized my mistake and paid it.

Now it's back, but I've noticed a problem since then, and I'm unsure whether it's related.

Both Firefox (my primary browser) and IE (tried it too, out of curiosity) have problems following my directions and loading YouTube videos.

If I type a url or click on a link or click on one of my bookmarks, sometimes I have to do it six or seven times before the browser 'registers' the commands. I hear the click, but there's no progress made... like the laptop didn't realize it was being told to access something.

Once the command 'takes', it loads at normal speeds. Sometimes it takes up to ten clicks to do so, though.

Also, when accessing YouTube videos it's stuck on the loading screen. The odd video works, and I haven't had any problems playing embedded YouTube videos. But actually accessing the videos on the YouTube website or by clicking on a link from a friend results in an infinite loading screen.

I tried clearing my cache/browsing history etc.

Any other ideas?"

Do you also have that issue with the needing to click multiple times?

I've found a temporary solution to the problem. This site:

http://www.ztunnel.com/

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS