As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Should the WCST and ECST combine?

ben184ben184 Registered User regular
edited March 2005 in PAX Archive
The West Coast SuperTrip (WCST) will be leaving from Arizona, heading up the west coast through California and Oregon into Washington.

The East Coast SuperTrip (ECST) will be leaving Florida and eastern Canada, meeting up in Michigan, to travel to Washington.

Their schedules, participants, and requirements will be different. The two will not meet until they reach their destination: Bellevue, WA (aka PAX)

Should the two combine forces? This means one website to run them both, donations and sponsors fairly distributed, and shared glory. The combined effort would be called the Great American SuperTrip.

ben184 on

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2005
    I'm all for it. It would (or should, anyways) bring in more sponsors, yet let both sides of the country have their own thing. They'd still have to work on things apart from each other, as the first point they'd meet in would probably be Bellvue, but I'm of the opinion that putting the two groups together would be beneficial to both sides.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    NightingaleNightingale Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    To have it headed under one great supertrip would be awesome, but I think we totally need to recognize that the costs will be disproportional as well. I think those coming from east will require more funds than the west. Even distribution might not be the most beneficial. I think we also need a group to kind of head up East and then a group to head up West. Should we start electing positions or is that totally too high-school and cliche?

I think everyone wants to participate, share in the fun, and should be selfless enough to realize that no one person should get all the glory (I know we had some problems with this after the end of WCST04). I suggest a sort of appointing process or whatever just so that way it's clear that this is who we should send an email too if we want to participate in east or west. This is who we should contact for our waypoint. And for all other concerns you can bug this person, or something to that effect. The goal is to simplify but if it's too confusing drop it :P

Nightingale on
    finalnightsig.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2005
    East Coast is already pulling together and putting out some calls for position fillers.
    Even when both sides are put together i would imagine that they would be able to divide the funds up between them as necessary.

I'm all for unification.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    voidwellervoidweller Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    I like the idea of showing a unified front to the world and having a combined logo or T-shirt so we might know our WC counterparts when we show up, but otherwise I think working together would be kind of impossible. We have different needs, plans and costs. We're pretty much different animals.

voidweller on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    I wont be on the supertrip this year but I nominate ben 4 in control

Grath on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited February 2005
    Grath wrote:

are you going at all? or anyone else from your group? 'cause you guys are the only ones i hung out with last year, and it'd be nice to have a familiar face around, instead of randomly stumbling upon you in the lobby and kind of maybe knowing who you are or look like. though, points to soulfury for the "i can't wait until whippy shows up so i can tell him he's the ugliest woman i've ever seen" crack, while i was sitting right next to him.

Whippy on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    Grath wrote:
    lime for truth
    are you going at all? or anyone else from your group? 'cause you guys are the only ones i hung out with last year, and it'd be nice to have a familiar face around, instead of randomly stumbling upon you in the lobby and kind of maybe knowing who you are or look like. though, points to soulfury for the "i can't wait until whippy shows up so i can tell him he's the ugliest woman i've ever seen" crack, while i was sitting right next to him.

fine pocky buddy... just fine :cry:

futility on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    uhm...when i said "your group", i meant "everyone who i hung out with especially futility"? yeah, that's the ticket.

Whippy on
  • Options
    MrFisticuffsMrFisticuffs It's Easter, bitches. REJOICE. Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    uhm...when i said "your group", i meant "everyone who i hung out with especially futility"? yeah, that's the ticket.

But...but...but

MrFisticuffs on
  • Options
    edited March 2005

But...but...but

you weren't there, man, you don't know

Whippy on