As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assistance with getting information

JimmyJimmy __BANNED USERS regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
To the point:

I need to get information about a location/person using only thier commercial e-mail address. If anyone can do this via ip tracing or whatever means, they shall be handomely rewarded. PM if you, or someone you know can assist in this matter.

Jimmy on

• Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    don't e-stalk people :|

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    The Cat wrote: »
    don't e-stalk people :|

My love, I only e-stalk you.

This is for a different reason

Jimmy on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    but you can't tell us that reason? I'm just saying, looks a little weird...

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Well, its one of these instances where the less said the better for all involved. Not sure of any ramifications, hence why I dont want to go into great detail to those not directly involved.

You have a sexy knees.

Jimmy on
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    There a couple things you can try...

1. If they use MySpace and use that email address as contact you look them up that way.

2. Drop the URL portion of the email address into a browser and it may show the person's corporate page.

3. Do a Whois on the email domain.

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you won't tell us why you need it. Your reason for wanting it probably isn't right.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    There a couple things you can try...

1. If they use MySpace and use that email address as contact you look them up that way.

2. Drop the URL portion of the email address into a browser and it may show the person's corporate page.

3. Do a Whois on the email domain.

The thing is, its a ...@yahoo.com. So, the only way I *think* it can be done is to trace the e-mail to the IP it was sent from. Then run an reverse IP lookup to try and accertain a location of said IP address. I dont have the tools to do the IP trace of the email. Then again, I may be completely off on all of how this works...

(Im also going on the very real possibility that they are to stupid to use a proxy, because most likely they arent that smart)

Jimmy on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This really isn't the place to be asking for this, im sure there are sites with less restrictions on what is allowed. However if your planning to do something illegal i strongly reccomend u take care with what you say since it might land you in trouble

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    This really isn't the place to be asking for this, im sure there are sites with less restrictions on what is allowed. However if your planning to do something illegal i strongly reccomend u take care with what you say since it might land you in trouble

There is nothing illegal about what I am doing. I just dont have the tools I need. If I cant find someone here with the ability, ill go elsewhere.

Jimmy on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    1) If it isnt illegal or against forum rules? Post exactly what you want to do so people who know the tools can sugest it.
    2) If you know the exact tools you need, post what they are. I dont believe there is any direct way to access a database based on email alone.
    3) If you dont know either of these, go somewhere where it is allowed to post what u want to do.
    4) If its illegal dont do it.

Sorry if im not much help, its hard to give advice when i dont know what u want to do or what tools you need.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    scandalscandal Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's generally rather easy to get the IP address from email headers. For example, I just got an email this morning from someone with a Yahoo email (IP changed):
    Received: from [198.103.238.30] by web63312.mail.re1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 22 Jun 2007 06:24:06 PDT

From there you can take the IP (198.103.238.30 in this case) and enter it in a WHOIS site, such as ARIN which should hopefully provide some useful info for your needs.

scandal on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Best case scenario, IP tracing will take you as far back as the ISP of the user you're trying to trace. If you want more information you'll have to suppoena records from the ISP.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, this forum isn't for stalking people. If you can PM me a damn good reason, I'll unlock the thread.

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.