As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What's for dinner?

12345679»

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    see317 wrote: »
    So... whats a good way to cook a steak? I have a nice propane Grill and some porterhouse steaks.

I also have some Dales marinade, some Greek Steak/Chicken seasoning business and lots of other random spices.

Any suggestions to make it awesome? I think I always cook the steak too fast or something.
    You shouldn't marinate a good steak. Some salt, a little pepper then onto a hot grill.
    And yes, the grill should be hot to cook the outside fast and seal in all the delicious steak juices.

This is hella old but you don't sear stuff to "lock in juices", you sear shit because caramelization (Maillard reaction byproducts) is fucking tasty.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What happened to this thread? I've been craving some new recipes!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This is more of a snack, and an acquired taste perhaps, but if for whatever reason you have cucumbers, peel and cut them, then sprinkle salt, ground chile pepper and a squeeze of lemon over it. It's incredibly simple, but fan-fucking-tastic. Just about all Hispanics know how to make it, but everyone else seems to have never heard of it. You can do the same thing with mangoes and jicama, and even oranges (just leave out the lemon).

Muse Among Men on