As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's...gone :(

InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
So 2 weekends ago I left my Wii in my friends' apartment so that they could play it. This weekend I come back and I notice it's missing. Two of them are gone for the weekend and the other two don't know what happened to it. I called up the other two and they don't know what happened to it. We checked the whole apartment except for one bedroom and didn't find it. We think it mightve been stolen but it's kind of interesting since there was a box loaded with DVDs next to it and a compact DVD player and neither of those got taken. So I am at a loss of what to do, any ideas? I should probably file a stolen item report from the police I'm guessing?

Ugh this sucks so bad, I wanted to go buy SSBM and 2 controllers and play with my buddies since I have had a craving to do so for awhile now. Bleh.

IGsig.jpg
AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
InfestedGnome on

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    They owe you a Wii.

Renzo on
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    and apologetic blowjobs.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Maybe they hid it and didn't bother telling you?

tardcore on
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    step one, search the other room.

step two, call the police.

step three, cry.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So 2 weekends ago I left my Wii in my friends' apartment

I think I have spotted your mistake

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    tardcore wrote: »

I highly doubt it, these have been my friends since highschool so they arent shady or anything. I also know its not a practical joke because I was flipping out at them

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This is why I trust no one with my stuff.

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Do your friends tend to be irresponsible?

Did they accidentally leave the apartment door unlocked? Did they recently have a party? Do they move things around and forget where they put them? Do they invite their friends (ie people that you might not know or trust) over to play the Wii without you knowing?

All of the above describe some of my friends, and I've seen very nice things get lost or stolen due to any of the above.

slash000 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

I highly doubt it, these have been my friends since highschool so they arent shady or anything. I also know its not a practical joke because I was flipping out at them

They are laughing at you right now. I'm sure.

My friends do this shit to me all the time.

urahonky on
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    urahonky wrote: »

You need to get yourself some new friends. That shit ain't cool.

tardcore on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Threaten to cut their balls off if they do not buy you a Wii. Also: Sounds like you need new friends.

Renzo on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Call Nancy Drew.

edit: Also if you have any inclination at all that this might be a practical joke. Just tell them you got the police involved and that the police should be stopping by their their place to take statements from them. That should clear up any practical jokes real fucking quick. And its a good first step before you actually call the police.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    urahonky wrote: »

You need to get yourself some new friends. That shit ain't cool.

No kidding. They know how to press my buttons. Their favorite one?

"Super Smash Bros: Melee is just a button masher. It takes no skill to play."

I've learned not to give them the pleasure of pissing me off. ;)

urahonky on
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    im guessing his birthday is coming up, so his friends shipped the wii off to paris hilton in jail so she could bling it out for a carton of smokes as a birthday present.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Thy haven't already offered to replace it? You may want to reexamine that "friend" claim.

Darlan on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

And they were probably laughing behind your back.

Friends can be dickweeds; bust open the last room and check, then call the cops. That'll teach em.

edit: fuck thats what i get for leaving in the middle of posting

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    BoilerbirdBoilerbird Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ok, what you need to do is kill one of them (preferably the one you like the least). Serve him to your other friends as chili. When everyone's eaten, and someone wonders idly where the guy you killed is, say, "You're eating him right now. Where's my Wii?" I'm absolutely positive this will get you your Wii back quickly.

Boilerbird on
    "The Lord of Murder shall perish. But in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos will be sown from their passage."
    -So sayeth the wise Alaundo

Mario Kart friend code: 227.692.747.075
    Tetris friend code: 742.696.731.030
    Pokemon code: 2921 5590 8486
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0602-5937-3565
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sounds like your gonna be camping out with the Targetieers .... Well where every it is... I'm sure someones having fun with it :D

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    At my local Virgin Megatore on thursday last week they had a guy in the window as i was walking past writing in board market on a big pad 'WE HAVE WIIS IN STOCK. ONLY 5 LEFT'

and as we was finishing writing underneath the price, some guy called over to him, all this mind you still in the space of time it took me to walk past the window, and he tore the paper down because they had sold out.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It just completely boggles my mind that they were so irresponsible they didn't notice a friends fairly expensive (well, over 100$ ain't cheap) piece of electronics just [SIZE=-1]disappeared [/SIZE] . Hell everyone I know (myself included) treats anything borrowed like it its made of million dollar bills and irreplaceable

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It just completely boggles my mind that they were so irresponsible they didn't notice a friends fairly expensive (well, over 100$ ain't cheap) piece of electronics just [SIZE=-1]disappeared [/SIZE] . Hell everyone I know (myself included) treats anything borrowed like it its made of million dollar bills and irreplaceable

Hell yeah. I take better care of stuff borrowed from a friend then I do with my own things.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    PrePre Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Tell them you'll have Reggie beat their ass if they don't find it or replace it.

Pre on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you actually want (mostly) non-retarded advice I recommend you put this in H/A.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Gaming-ModuleGaming-Module Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Any friend who damages or loses your property and does not immediately offer to replace it is a bum, not a friend.

Gaming-Module on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sounds like your gonna be camping out with the Targetieers .... Well where every it is... I'm sure someones having fun with it :D

. . .

God damn, man.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    DVG wrote: »

. . .

God damn, man.
    I think he's saying he will be camping out for a new Wii in front of the store Target, and then goes into a new thought separated only by "...", saying that someone is having fun with the "lost" wii, wherever it is.

Did I translate right?

Darlan on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Except one room? Why not that room?

Who has the key to their place, besides them?

Either way, they owe you a Wii because they lost it. Make them camp out.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Darlan wrote: »
    DVG wrote: »

. . .

God damn, man.
    I think he's saying he will be camping out for a new Wii in front of the store Target, and then goes into a new thought separated only by "...", saying that someone is having fun with the "lost" wii, wherever it is.

Did I translate right?

... right on the $$$ except I'm not going to be camping out, I said it sounds like the OP will be, that is, if he wants one :D ....

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dude.
    They MUST buy you a new wii.

that's not optional.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Otherwise, this would be a good way to see how the decapitation system in the RL engine works...
    It's quite realistic.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, I know I'm just piling wood on the fire at this point, but given the description, you just need new friends. This time it was your Wii, next time it's your car, your job, your girlfriend/wife, whatever. They don't care and it cost you a Wii. Even if you don't get it back, accept that it was the cost of finding out what chucklefucks these guys are.

Ballman on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ballman wrote: »
    Yeah, I know I'm just piling wood on the fire at this point, but given the description, you just need new friends. This time it was your Wii, next time it's your car, your job, your girlfriend/wife, whatever. They don't care and it cost you a Wii. Even if you don't get it back, accept that it was the cost of finding out what chucklefucks these guys are.

It's a bad idea to let anyone borrow your girlfriend/wife.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Yeah, last time I let someone do that, there was all this... stuff left on the backseat.

Anyway: ouch. Make those bastards pay. Bastards.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ballman wrote: »

I've witnessed at least 3 situations where some guy was going out with a new girl (and in one case, it was even a long relationship), and a "friend" or roommate wound up with the girl after a period of time. In the case of the long relationship, it was even calculated and very unfair to the guy in question.

Yeah, it's unusual, but it can happen.

Ballman on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Did they freak out that it was missing? Did anyone apologise?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've had 'friends' lose my stuff after letting them borrow it and I know for a fact they either stole it or sold it. They couldn't even muster up false sympathy, which is the least you could expect from a real friend.

But I don't even know if this was an inside job and it would be tough for cops to prove anything. Are there any Wii games or accessories missing that weren't in an obvious location? Any new people coming over? Are your friends going out together without you more often now? Is someone throwing around a lot of cash? Do they sound guilty or annoyed when you keep bringing it up? Did they ask you if you wanted to sell it beforehand?

FreddyD on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If this wasn't a break-in (and let's face it, if nothing else in the apartment was stolen, it wasn't a break-in), then one or more of your friends either stole it or they are playing a trick on you.

Seriously, I would threaten them with calling the police, and if no one confesses, follow through on it. Don't let them get away with this or they will do it to you again. I know you think you know these guys and everything, but sometimes the people closest to you are the ones who hurt you the most.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    LuqLuq Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Axen wrote: »
    Call Veronica Mars.

Luq on
    FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Call the police.

Like, now.

If it's one of your friends stealing/playing a joke then either scenario they are dicks and deserve a little heat.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I know they didn't take it, in the past 2-6 years Ive known them they havent taken or stolen from eachother or me, and besides, they werent all that interested in the Wii in the first place. They are all too busy with battlefield 2142/ Oblivion really to pay much attention to it. They didn't even notice it was gone until I came up this weekend. They did say one weekend they went out to eat and forgot to lock the door. My suspicions are either with the girls that live in the apartment next to them or maybe someone just noticed the Wii sitting there and took it quickly. It is still selling out in stores so maybe someone thought they could grab it real fast and go. I don't know, it's really a wierd situation.

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.