Options

Looking for a good FPS site

KrikkenKrikken Registered User new member
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm taking a break from MMOs for awhile, but after playing WoW and only WoW for the last two years, I find the gaming ecosystem to be an unfamiliar alien landscape. It's like dating again after spending two years in a steady relationship.

Anyone know any good FPS sites? I need to get my bearings again.

Krikken on

• Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I can't recommend a website, but I can get you started on games. If you are looking for multiplayer, Counter-Strike is still wildly popular, although more so in the 1.6 flavor than in Source. If you want something a little more deliberately paced, try Battlefield 2 or 2142.

As far as single-player stuff goes, Half Life 2 is a great place to start if you haven't played it. Dark Messiah and Sin Episodes are very good for the price on Steam while you are at it. I'm playing through FEAR right now and that is also highly enjoyable.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VortigernVortigern Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've mainly been a battlefield FPS player in the past. I had plenty of fun with it until I got bored with the genre in general (nothing wrong with them ,I just needed some change). For Battlefield stuff, if you're looking for a good community thats into it, check out the 52nd Combat Group. I used to be an officer and founding member when I played it. Good people, well organized, all the fixins. I still hang out on the forums there to keep in touch with friends.

ww.52ndcombatgroup.com

Counterstrike, Ghost Recon, Raindow 6, and Splintercell have all been decent FPS titles too.

Vortigern on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]