As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DS Game for a Plane Ride

LemmingLemming Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
I have 15 hours on a plane coming up soon, and I was wondering what DS game I should get. I was looking at Brothers in Arms

List of games I own:

Advance Wars
Animal Crossing
Asphault Urban GT
Castlevania DS and PoR
Clubhouse Games
Contact
Cust Robi
Kirby
Mario Kart
Mario and Luigi
Megaman ZX
Meteos
Metroid
NSMB
Ouendan
Phoenix Wright Ace Attourney
Sonic Rush
Starfox
Sumer Mario 64
Tony Hawk American Sk8land
Trauma Center
Wario Ware

Please to help <3

Lemming on

• Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hotel Dusk, my friend. It's the energy of a great mystery book, all in interactive form!

Kami on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Planet Puzzle League

it will own your soul.

Edit: Event Horizon is also correct

LewieP on
  • Options
    Paper PlatesPaper Plates Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Puzzle Quest would probably keep you occupied for your entire plane ride, and then some.

Paper Plates on
    67o7eh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Kami wrote: »
    Hotel Dusk, my friend. It's the energy of a great mystery book, all in interactive form!

Oh man, I COMPLETELY forgot about this game. I remember being very excited for it, but it slipped under my radar

I will heavily consider this

Edit: Also, I'm not really interested in puzzle games. The only reason I got Meteos is because it was one of the first good games period for the DS :P

Lemming on
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Phoenix Wright 2 perhaps, considering you have one on the list.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ergandar wrote: »
    Phoenix Wright 2 perhaps, considering you have one on the list.

I'd rather get that for when I'm at home because I liked yelling "Hold It" and "Objection" :V

Lemming on
  • Options
    blanknogoblanknogo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you want a really good (and now fairly cheap) strategy fix that will last you a good long while, check out Age of Empires DS. It's really fun.

blanknogo on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I actually find that the Ouendan/EBA games to be awesome while waiting for the actual plane ride. Throw on some headphones and just make sure that you have the volume enough that you can hear when they start boarding. :P

On the actual plane, I found that Pokemon was enough to keep me occupied.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    sleepykissessleepykisses Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've heard Brothers in Arms is good, but very short. So it probably wouldn't last you 15 hours.

It is very important that you own Hotel Dusk.
    Planet puzzle league is fun too.

sleepykisses on
    PIXEL_LOGO.gif
    mypace
    Wii: 2992 8651 9498 7353
    PS3: secretsquares
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    They didn't have Hotel Dusk, so I just got Brothers in Arms. I picked up Etrian Odyssey as well, because Atlas is a good company and cartography intrigues me.

But damn them! I wanted Hotel Dusk :(

Lemming on
  • Options
    RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Recently, Ouendan 2 took me from NYC to Tel Aviv and back (9.5 hours going, 12 coming back). It gets my vote.

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • Options
    Anonymous RobotAnonymous Robot Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Puzzle Quest would probably keep you occupied for your entire plane ride, and then some.

Seconding this. I had a 7 hour flight to California and then 7 hours more back, and this kept me occupied most of the time. I also don't like puzzle games.

Anonymous Robot on
    Sigs shouldn't be higher than 80 pixels - Elki.

photo02-film.jpg
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't have it, but most people are saying Brothers in Arms is really short. Like, a couple hours short. Probably well less than 15 hours.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have Brothers in Arms, and I like it.

If you like WW2 shooters at all, you'll enjoy BiA. It's got a few bugs, but nothing major.

It's got three difficulty levels, after you beat every mission on Normal you get Veteran, after beating Veteran you get Elite.

I'm working through Veteran now. Yeah, there aren't a ton of missions, but when I beat Normal it unlocked two new weapons and a new tank, so I'm trying to play through with the new weps for a challenge.

One of them is the M1918A2 automatic rifle; it's got a clip size of 45 and it hits hard, but the accuracy is pretty low if you aren't in "aim mode". Still, it's fun to use...I'm trying to go through the campaign with it as much as possible when something else isn't 100% required.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Transformers Decepticons.

portable Hulk: UD.

who are you to resist it?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif