As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i applied for a job at toys r us

2»

• Options
    WiseguyWiseguy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    playing guitar on the streets don't get me much money

but i still got my soul

Wiseguy on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    I think maybe no one ever actually gets hired online. You have to go in and bug the manager like a month straight.

I did that once, and I even had someone put in a good word for me, and he was all like "SHIT! YOU SCORED A CODE YELLOW! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY STORE!"

I was very confused by the whole affair.

Edit: There was actually some creepy reformed pedophile guy working there at the time, too. He slept in his car between shifts.

What the fuck kind of store did you apply to?

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wiseguy wrote: »
    playing guitar on the streets don't get me much money

but i still got my soul

I'll buy it off you for 5 dollars.

Blake T on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    I think maybe no one ever actually gets hired online. You have to go in and bug the manager like a month straight.

I did that once, and I even had someone put in a good word for me, and he was all like "SHIT! YOU SCORED A CODE YELLOW! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY STORE!"

I was very confused by the whole affair.

Edit: There was actually some creepy reformed pedophile guy working there at the time, too. He slept in his car between shifts.

What the fuck kind of store did you apply to?

It was a Game Crazy.

Things like that may be the reason why Game Crazy pretty much went under a few months ago.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Guys, I found this game, it's called Galactic Hacker.

It's a pretty direct rip-off of Uplink, except with a shittier interface, and spelling mistakes.

And it comes bundled some adware or somethng that I'm pretty sure you can just turn off, but I'm running Ad-Aware anyway.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Geez I thought I'd never actually see a code yellow

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    WiseguyWiseguy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    FUCK THE MAN

Wiseguy on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh yeah fuck that, it's way easier to get jobs at stores that aren't run by mega corporations. I got a job at a local art store by just going in and talking to the owner.

I did quit after two days tho.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    And one time, I went into a blockbuster and talked to the hiring manager about movies and shit and told him I was looking for work, and gave him my name. He said do the online and he'd approve me...

...and then he didn't....

HadjiQuest on