As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Advice] Women and the dating thereof

MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi everyone.

I've noticed from time to time threads popping up relating to the dating/wooing of women.

I am no expert, but do have some experience in the field. I am, however, looking forward to any other hints/tips/tricks that can be used to attract the attentions of the animal known as the human female (sorry new zealanders, the sheep chasing thread is elsewhere).

Now firstly, to date one must find a female. Dating alone is weird, and you will get strange looks.

Most people will tell you to hit a bar. This isn't bad, if a night of pleasure is your thing. More realistically you want to meet women at more social orientated events, aka fund raisers, friend's parties. Women love to talk, and you need to give them that chance in a place they feel comfortable. You also have to be somewhat tidy, maybe with a hint of "bad boy" (a hint of stubble, be a bit arrogant, try and be somewhat funny). Sure this won't work on all girls, and yes, this is a generalisation. I am speaking from personal experience here.

Let them talk, and listen. But don't be totally passive, appear interested by asking questions. This gives you an insight into the personality of the girl in question which is a damn good thing. Sure BOOBIES is a good first reaction, but if that is all there is to the girl then you will wind up detesting her and her vapid ways.

This leads well into "Hey, I have an appointment/work etc, but I really liked talking to you, I'd like to continue on the weekend. Here is my number". Calm and confident is the key here, don't mumble and try not to sound *omg I hope she calls*. Im assured that that is the key to this stage by several female friends and my girlfriend.

Now to the date, don't do dinner/movie. I suggest a picnic in a park. Maybe a bbq if they have them available (make sure they do, and see if you can book ahead). Ensure, that you are groomed neatly. Also, brush up on a few topics that not only interest her (gathered in the previous discussion) but also current events. A bottle of wine, not too cheap, but don't go all out. Wine cellar clerks can be good at their job.

This gives you a chance to, once again, talk. You can even add a bit of flirty in at this stage, but keep it light to gauge her response. After lunch, maybe a short walk through the park, and if she responded ok to the earlier flirting maybe hold her hand, but nothing too full on.

From here you have to play it on your own, its a tough game, but if you follow this you are doing a hell of a lot better than most of the guys my female friends run into.

Please add to this!

MrIamMe on

• PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You sound skeezy.

Advice: work on that.

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes
  • MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Lol, thanks ;)

It might sound sleazy, but I never had trouble *scoring* but I did have trouble finding a good woman who I wanted to see. This advice was given to me by my female friends, and I thought I might share.

I'm Australian Military, women love us, and I'm not ugly. Money, looks and the hint of danger make you popular in bars. You get over that very quickly.

MrIamMe on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    I added something!
    A lock.

ViolentChemistry on
This discussion has been closed.