Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla] Ad Astra Per Phalla: Finale - Humanity Enslaved

1394041424345»

• ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    Awesome game.

• tuxkamentuxkamen Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    giltanis wrote: »
    I like the post postmortem explanations Tux. It was kinda weird not only this being my first Phalla but starting late too. Its crazy how close we were to not losing though.

I felt like the guilds didn't quite work though. It would have been better I think if they had either been larger and/or had some power to use through out the game or some ability to decide whom among them was evil. Then I feel like the private guild discussions would have focused on that stuff and less on pre-picking who to bandwagon in the main thread like seemed to happen a couple of times.

That said it was a lot of fun and the narrations were really good...I especially liked when you started to incorporate the deaths more.

EDIT: How often do new Phallas start btw?
    EDIT of Edit: Typo

Ooh, I don't know about larger than they already were, considering what happened as far as pack voting. That's not interesting to the people who actually want to vote on their own intuitions. Smaller, if anything, but I also didn't want to have too many (remember, I initially did not have any powers set up for them).

Here, Phallas have break time in between of two weeks or so.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Spoiler:
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    Good game and well narrated, but to be perfectly honest my interest level was low because I didn't like the rules of this phalla. The complete lack of any solid information in any form really kills any potential strategy and reduces everybody to voting on suspicions. We didn't know what roles were in the game or how they work, and the seers have no concrete information so no networking. I felt like I was just coming in every night, putting on a blindfold and tossing a dart at a list of names.

That's interesting, because it seems that the other players were able to make reasonable hunches based on the kills that did occur. The Argosy were killed in three straight nights based, in part, on the association between Frosteey and MrBallBaggins. In some games, guesses are all you get. I'm sorry if you didn't find it enjoyable.

Moving on to the Guilds and the story itself...
    Don't worry about that criticism, tux. The change in mechanics was a breath of fresh air, and allowed for more thinking and planning to those who wanted to get involved. 8-)

And yeah, hunches can go a looong way. Unless you're frandel. :P

Hey I called mrbalbaggins :P I was the biggest person arguing against sparing him.

• BrogeyBrogey Aca-awesome! Santa Monica, CASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    So, I got fooled by Gnasty, as did the rest of my guild. I was well aware of Gnasty's reputation and I was suspicious of him all along. But Gnasty is very smart and everything he did protected either the members of our guild or was in the interest of the village. So I saw no reason to stop supporting his actions.
    I didn't trust him after he betrayed my Guardian partner. I made a comment suspecting him on our Guild board, but then shut up after you defended him. I didn't know if you two were in cahoots by then.

XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

R.I.P. Wampa Milk
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bogey wrote: »
    I didn't trust him after he betrayed my Guardian partner. I made a comment suspecting him on our Guild board, but then shut up after you defended him. I didn't know if you two were in cahoots by then.
    Damn, wish you had told me. :(

Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    New phallas start all the time, ODaM usually has a few running. IIRC there's a cooldown of a week in D&D's games,

The Debate Competition is coming up next, so it will be a while before we have another phalla here :(

• BrogeyBrogey Aca-awesome! Santa Monica, CASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Bogey wrote: »
    Damn, wish you had told me. :(
    I decided to play very conservative at that point, because a Seer had declared themselves and the 7-kill massacre pretty much reset a lot of things for me. Then you died the next night.

Also, aww, no new Phalla in D&D for a while. :(

XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

R.I.P. Wampa Milk
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Debate competition should be awesome, though.

Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Boo, I was hoping the debate competition wouldn't preclude the start of the next Phalla.

Anyway, I guess Plutonium still hasn't opened up the Sensorium board, so for those who care, it's at http://jwhedoninspace.proboards91.com and my account is cheez/merkabah.

• GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Why can't the Debate run at the same time as the next Phalla?

i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh yea, The Centauri Forums. The password is ooc.

All of the D&D 'games' are on the same list, with only one running at a time. I think there was some issue when they used to have games running constantly, but I wasn't around back then so I have no idea what they were.

steam_sig.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think it has something to do with this being primarily a discussion forum as opposed to a game forum, of which we have two of.

• cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    But there aren't any Phallas in G&T! :P

• Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well there was one, and I think there were more in the past. I don't think the mods there have any problem with phalla games, just that no one is hosting over there.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2007
    cheez wrote: »
    But there aren't any Phallas in G&T! :P
    I invite you to remedy this situation.
    Spoiler:

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    There was one Phalla in G&T. It was weird.

edited July 2007
    There have been at least 3 and I think 4 in fact.

Aroduc's First, Dong/Wang, Excessively RPed one. I thought the 20's mafia themed one happened there too but I can't recall.

• SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I really have nothing to add, but I'm going to say that I prefer a smaller phalla.

I guess I have a tight vagin.

Excellent narrations.

humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    I really have nothing to add, but I'm going to say that I prefer a smaller phalla.

Excellent narrations.

You cheeky bastard, you missed the signups for my ODaM game!

Burnage wrote:
    FWD is very good at this game.
    edited July 2007

Excellent narrations.

You know, originally I designed the game to be only 40 or 45 people, but whatever way I balanced it, the odds were just too stacked against the humans. I needed the padding and the extra specials in order to make it a roughly 50/50 chance.

Fun fact: In the initial ruleset, there were no vigilantes. The thralls would have been able to fake it, were they so inclined.

Spoiler:
    edited July 2007

Excellent narrations.

You cheeky bastard, you missed the signups for my ODaM game!

I was out of town w/o internet access; you can add me, but that'd seem suspicious. Of course, you can always boot an inactive.

humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    [size=-2]WII 8980 7585 1015 3348 BRAWL 3909 7191 9283 STRIKERS 124661 822404[/size]
  • drinkinstoutdrinkinstout Registered User
    edited July 2007
    that was a great game tux - loved the story.

cheez was supposed to be the next seering target the night I got killed so it's interesting that he lived to the end because he should have been seered as an alien if titmouse kept our original plan. I haven't looked at the external boards yet but can anyone tell me why I was killed off and by who?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    stout's Amazon Wishlist | my lastFM
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I would like to know why and how many people targetted me for death on the first night? Was it because I am so god damn awesome at Phallas that this happened or is it because I was the God-Emperor of the Precisionk Consortium itself?

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    C'mon, tux. Spill the beans on pk.

Exactly how many explosions rocked pk's world that night? ;-)

(note: not actually looking for a record to break :P )

On night 1, precisionk was:

Attacked by the Argosy
    Seered by both seers
    Vigilante'd
    Guarded

His computer systems fried from all the attention.

edited July 2007
    that was a great game tux - loved the story.

cheez was supposed to be the next seering target the night I got killed so it's interesting that he lived to the end because he should have been seered as an alien if titmouse kept our original plan. I haven't looked at the external boards yet but can anyone tell me why I was killed off and by who?

I can tell you that the Argosy killed you that day.

You were the medscan for cheez and got interrupted; after your death, titmouse went for Zek.

Spoiler:
    edited July 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    I would like to know why and how many people targetted me for death on the first night? Was it because I am so god damn awesome at Phallas that this happened or is it because I was the God-Emperor of the Precisionk Consortium itself?

Bogey and I actually had you under Guardian protection that night.

OOPS.

humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    edited July 2007

Spoiler:
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

Attacked by the Argosy
    Seered by both seers
    Vigilante'd
    Guarded

This awesome. I feel so special from all the attention.

edited July 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Smasher wrote: »

Attacked by the Argosy
    Seered by both seers
    Vigilante'd
    Guarded

This awesome. I feel so special from all the attention.

Vigilanted... idiot.

humebackgroundcj5.jpg
    edited July 2007

Spoiler:
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
This discussion has been closed.