As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

kinda specific DVD burning question

grendel824_grendel824_ Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Yes, I UTFSE'd, but didn't find what I was looking for - if it's there somewhere obvious, then yes, I'm incompetent.

Ahem - my problem is that I finally got a hold of every Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode that will never make it to DVD (except the elusive first 4 KTMA episodes and the pilot, of course). I got them in MPEG format, and tried to burn them to DVD without success. I had just finished some AVI-to-DVD burns that worked just fine, but these aren't working. I've gone through all of my remaining blanks (like, 4) without success, and I've used about ten different programs in various combinations from various tutorials and gotten nowhere. Is there anybody who might know exactly what to do in order to burn these MPEGs to DVD so they can stop taking up space on my hard drive (and yes, I've bought every available episode and will buy any others if they're ever actually released, but I doubt these will ever make it, hence my desire to see these on an actual television someday)? Any advice will be appreciated, thanks!

grendel824_ on

• Options
    eternalbleternalbl Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Tried DVDflick? www.dvdflick.net

eternalbl on
    eternalbl.png
  • Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You need to Author the mpeg files and make them compliant with the DVD standard format (VOB files). The only application I use at the moment is called TMPGEnc DVD Author. You may need to patch the file first if it is being rejected by the application using DVDPatch.

Keep in mind you cannot burn a DVD beyond the 4.7 Gigabytes, if the files are too big, encode them with DVD Shrink.

Good luck

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    grendel824_grendel824_ Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Thanks, I'll try those suggestions out!

grendel824_ on