As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New User thought id post my stuff see what yall thought

BaldasarreBaldasarre Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Artist's Corner
martyr.jpg

did this one after i saw a video of the restaurant suicide bombing... if it disturbs u im sorry

eye.jpg

this is a drawing i did of a picture taken by a friend...odd genealogy but hey

reagandrawing.jpg

this is a caricature of my bro

geoffself7.jpg

annnd this is me apparently

vega.jpg

one day i was like ...."i need to draw vega NOW" and so i did...took about 20-30 minutes...(i was at work so i couldnt devote myself fully to it :P)

danbigish.jpg

this is like...some sort of design for a spine tat...they didnt use it but i liked it enough to keep it

if these end up being too huge im sorry...ill change the size in PS if need be

all images are original creations/adaptations by Geoffrey Worling copyright 2006-2007

vega is copyright to street fighter or something i dont take credit for the original design of vega ...just my drawing of him :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Baldasarre on

• hijinksensuehijinksensue Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You seem to have several different styles. I would stick with one (either comic or realistic or the semi-graffiti style of the self portrait) and develop that as much as possible. The work is pretty good but seems like it came from 4 different artists. Keep 'em coming.

hijinksensue on
    HijiNKS Ensue
    geek comic
    www.hijinksensue.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BaldasarreBaldasarre Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You seem to have several different styles. I would stick with one (either comic or realistic or the semi-graffiti style of the self portrait) and develop that as much as possible. The work is pretty good but seems like it came from 4 different artists. Keep 'em coming.

but is it not important , in order to be a successful artist, to not only be diverse as an artist but also agile and able to change to the style necessary? I think this is so....therefore i did not find it necessary to pigeonhole myself into one category. Thanks for taking the time to look at my work though ^^

Baldasarre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lewis RiceLewis Rice Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think it's awesome that you're trying out different styles and such. Good work.

Lewis Rice on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The Vega looks really nice, and I'm glad you drew him from such an exteme angle (Vega should always be flipping/wall climbing).

I'd love to see some of your studies and more realistic work.

Your comic style is solid for characters, do you have any strips or pictures with backgrounds drawn that way?

Brolo on
    edited June 2007
    some more from me...

guy.jpg

using the style of Yoji Shinkawa

jerbean.jpg

caricature of a friend

ichigo1.jpg

Ichigo from Bleach

ninja3.jpg

there was a time where i was obsessed with the Cyber Ninja...

eagle.jpg

an eagle with a turkey neck...dont ask

rock.jpg

rock guy thing...concept for a story

soldier2.jpg

quick marker drawing of some soldier...

soldier1.jpg

another

geoffself3.jpg

self portrait...done with a dying marker

all images are created/adapted by Geoffrey Worling copyright 2006-2007

Kurosaki Ichigo is from Bleach

Cyber Ninja was created originally by Yoji Shinkawa

i only take credit for my work on those two not the design of the character in the drawing :D

Baldasarre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2007
    Rolo wrote: »

Your comic style is solid for characters, do you have any strips or pictures with backgrounds drawn that way?

thanks...no I tend to stick to the main part of the piece...its rare that i actually finish a drawing or thought process when it comes to art...i dont know what it is...lol but to answer you more directly no I dont lol...well maybe i do somewhere...laying around...sorry

Baldasarre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That Yoji Shinkawa inspired piece looks really good, love the graffiti-ish style you've got going on especially in that caricature of your friend. You've got some solid work going on, would be cool to see some color work if you have any, and perhaps some more worked through pieces. Other than that most of them look good, you're clearly a diverse drawer and that is imperative for being able to develop your own unique style.

djFindus on
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Nice variety!

Sublimus on
    edited June 2007
    thanks!

Baldasarre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The newer post makes me more confident, at first I wasn't sure where your skill level was, but now it's clear that you're a pretty solid artist. The rock thing and Cyber Ninja are really what prove that. I don't really have any sort of critique because you haven't shown us any kind of "finished" piece or anything. I'd certainly like to see how you'd pull off a background and characters put together, or where your coloring skills are at.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • AbunaiAbunai Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Baldasarre wrote: »

geoffself3.jpg

self portrait...done with a dying marker

Aaah! Tadpoles are eating your face!!!

Hehe, I'm just teasing, I love your work! It seems very versatile.

Abunai on
    edited June 2007
    thanks all! i appreciate all the comments...i should get into coloring some things and show that side of my artistic ability...we'll see...i procrastinate ALOT soooo i wouldnt hold your breath lol

Baldasarre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NovusNovus regular
    edited June 2007
    Your stuff is really nice; you have a great sense of style and line use. Vega's arm is way to small but the proportions on the rest of your work are really good so I'll assume that's a one off. The one about the suicide bomber does disturb me; which is fantastic.

Novus on
    I'm not smart, but thanks to the internet I can pretend.
    wii Number 0648 2052 0203 3154
    edited June 2007
    Novus wrote: »
    Your stuff is really nice; you have a great sense of style and line use. Vega's arm is way to small but the proportions on the rest of your work are really good so I'll assume that's a one off. The one about the suicide bomber does disturb me; which is fantastic.

your right about vegas arm and believe me that drove me INSANE

and about the suicide bomber...good thats the exact point :P and heres what i wrote on the back of that drawing when i was done

"O, Marionette of martyrdom
    sing to me of your woeful plight
    O, Pathetic pacifier
    recant the fall of man for me once more
    O, Livid liberator
    how can we slake thy thirsty blade
    O, Empty vessel
    what sort of life flashes before eyes unseeing"

Baldasarre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    um....isn't that vega someone else's work?

NakedZergling on
    edited July 2007
    um....isn't that vega someone else's work?

i believe i wrote underneath all the postings that vega is not my character, as in it did not come from my creative mind...but the drawing of him is my work the composition and everything is mine...just not the original character design that is from Street Fighter

if you THINK youve seen this drawing somewhere else... it mustve been mine...because it is mine lol..i have the original right here

Baldasarre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Vega's closest arm is way too short

EDIT - I really like that Yoji Shinkawa style. Too bad you didn't make it up though, but that doesn't mean you can't derive something from it.

Got any full body works with your bushy brow style?

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Vega's closest arm is way too short

EDIT - I really like that Yoji Shinkawa style. Too bad you didn't make it up though, but that doesn't mean you can't derive something from it.

Got any full body works with your bushy brow style?

nope i tend to get bored easily...vega was a miracle that it even got finished...and thats finished to me lol...but yea the arm drove me insane and i know it was off proportion but i cant do much about it now...gotta learn from it...thanks for the input...ill see if i can start a full drawing of the bushy brow guys...yea yoji is a great artist...i also love amano

Baldasarre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The LittleMan In The BoatThe LittleMan In The Boat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I like your work a lot. I feel that color 'needs' to added to your palate only to make your work more awesome in my eyes because I have very important eyes. Please them!

The LittleMan In The Boat on
    yerf.jpg
    I don't suffer from Insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.