As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

our new millenium

18910111214»

• Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    When I saw the Surface, I definitely thought about the future being now. That, and that technology that takes photos and puts them together into a 3d model.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    man, you know what I fucking love?

google

besides the obvious shit, which is still crazy remarkable, they've put out some of the best fucking products, for free, like SketchUp, GoogleEarth, googledocs, all kinds of shit.

They're crazy awesome.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Don't forget Gmail.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm still waiting on the vending machines that dispense drugs.

Any day now.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Imagine such machines

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    come on maaaan
    don't hold out on me

#pipe on
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Some people talk about how aimlessly unethical science is but there are so many things we don't do and haven't accomplished because the means don't justify the ends.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited July 2007
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    #pipe wrote: »
    come on maaaan
    don't hold out on me

I imagine at first they'd get an influx of junky deaths due to vending machines toppling over and crushing them. Probably just look like giant concrete/steel boxes at some point.

It'd make for some funny/pathetic scenes.

"We raid the amphetamine machines tonight boys!"

*grabs some tools and runs off into the gang*

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Arsenic7 wrote: »
    Some people talk about how aimlessly unethical science is but there are so many things we don't do and haven't accomplished because the means don't justify the ends.

arguably

the wook on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, I love this thread

I sometimes wish I'd gone into science so I could learn about and use and create all this cool stuff you guys have been talking about in this thread, but I don't have the drive to do such things. Plus I tend to lose concentration quickly and find something else interesting to work on, I'd never get anything finished.

So I'll just leave it up to the smarter people and reap the benefits of their discoveries and inventions

I'm also counting on the Technological Singularity occuring within my natural lifetime so I can live on forever in the brain of some magnificent AI, ala Prime Intellect
    unless Google turns out to be Skynet, then we're all DOOOMED!

Ten on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ten0101 wrote: »
    Man, I love this thread

I sometimes wish I'd gone into science so I could learn about and use and create all this cool stuff you guys have been talking about in this thread, but I don't have the drive to do such things. Plus I tend to lose concentration quickly and find something else interesting to work on, I'd never get anything finished.

So I'll just leave it up to the smarter people and reap the benefits of their discoveries and inventions

I'm also counting on the Technological Singularity occuring within my natural lifetime so I can live on forever in the brain of some magnificent AI, ala Prime Intellect

Don't worry - something like skynet (as described in the movies) is pretty much impossible. :P

It would have to infect every router and computer attached to the internet. It could get about 80% of the computers, but router firmware is just too diverse for it to get any large portion of them.

MKR on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MKR wrote: »
    Ten0101 wrote: »
    Man, I love this thread

Don't worry - something like skynet (as described in the movies) is pretty much impossible. :P

It would have to infect every router and computer attached to the internet. It could get about 80% of the computers, but router firmware is just too diverse for it to get any large portion of them.

Now it is, but after Google buys Cisco we'll be fucked!

Ten on