As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LCD monitor blinky blink

NovaNova Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I have an Acer AL1916 LCD monitor hooked to the DVI port on my HIS Radeon X1650PRO.

When I boot my PC, the monitor blinks on and off about once per second, until finally I get to the end of the boot sequence. Once I'm at the desktop, all is well and the video behaves perfectly. It doesn't start blinking until after the hardware BIOS self-test part is complete and Windows takes over the process, so I think it might be a Windows thing.

It did not behave this way when I had an ATI Radeon X700PRO. It started doing this as soon as I upgraded my video.

Why does it do this, and how can I make it stop?

To read makes our speaking English good.
Nova on

• Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Do you have another video output? I know when I have my TV connected via s-video cable, I can't see my boot process. It just sits blankly and then pops up with the windows login screen.

Iceman.USAF on
  • Options
    NovaNova Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The card has the usual ATI set of one DVI. one VGA, and one S-video, but I only have one display hooked up to the card.

Nova on
    To read makes our speaking English good.