As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's discuss our lives in great detail

• KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i wrote a really short uhh piece of writing last night

i woke up and hated it

changed about 10 words and now i like it

Kovak on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's from Something Awful; the history of SWAP.avi

Not the actual clip; I'm afraid of having to tell someone why I have that D:

Meissnerd on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Khavall wrote: »
    It's not Engineering, or Physics... it's art. Sometimes the best justification is "I wanted it to be like this". Whatever else art contains, it's still a personal expression, and sometimes that takes precedence over logical thought. If I think about it, I'm sure I could come up with an explanation that would look nice and explain why it's moving towards something, but what's the point? It's there because I want it there.

This is why (critical) art history and cultural studies and such are important. Artists are usually dumb as hell and have no idea what they're doing. Hell, most of the time when the artist tries to explain what's going on in his own work, he's wrong. But the work usually ends up being interesting anyhow, at least through a certain interpretive lens.

i like you

though perhaps you should be crescent

Orikaeshigitae on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Stale wrote: »
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    I just read an intricate play-by-play of SWAP.avi!

link

now

No, you really don't want that.

the commentary and play by play was excellent

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Khavall wrote: »
    It's not Engineering, or Physics... it's art. Sometimes the best justification is "I wanted it to be like this". Whatever else art contains, it's still a personal expression, and sometimes that takes precedence over logical thought. If I think about it, I'm sure I could come up with an explanation that would look nice and explain why it's moving towards something, but what's the point? It's there because I want it there.

This is why (critical) art history and cultural studies and such are important. Artists are usually dumb as hell and have no idea what they're doing. Hell, most of the time when the artist tries to explain what's going on in his own work, he's wrong. But the work usually ends up being interesting anyhow, at least through a certain interpretive lens.

i like you

though perhaps you should be crescent

But I like his comment too!

Something is horribly wrong here...

Khavall on
  • RageRage Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    - New job is awesome
    - 3 days off this week is awesome
    - Creditors approved me for $1.1m...think I might buy a house next month.
    - Day 6 of Operation: Quit Smoking and Don't Kill Anyone on Purpose.....so far, so good.

So far, this Monday's been pretty solid.

Rage on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Rage wrote: »
    - New job is awesome
    - Day 6 of Operation: Quit Smoking and Don't Kill Anyone on Purpose.....so far, so good.

I'm probably just old, old and senile. Too caught up in my old ways to notice the changes in the world.

But...a loan....

For ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

Seems a bit much to me.

Transporter on
  • AWinnerIsYouAWinnerIsYou Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My life this will week will be considerably better than my life last week. I had to teach a drumline camp last Thursday through Saturday. Aggravating, to say the least. Eh, that's not really fair though, the kids learned a lot and got a ton accomplished, so that's good.

I was planning on going to a drum corps show tonight. Some of the people backed out and I'd have to drive eight hours by myself for a two hour show though, so it just wasn't worth it.

I am going to visit some friends on Wednesday, and I'm playing a really fun gig this weekend. It's called Forte on the Fifty, it's like a Fourth of July/arts festival extravaganza. I'm playing with the Dana All-Star Band, a wind ensemble consisting of the "cream of the crop" players from the school. And now you know.

Also, Iannis Xenakis is awesome.

AWinnerIsYou on
    "It's like a pterodactyl from a gay Jurassic Park."
  • CoreCore Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not doing too bad. This looks like it will be a good week. I've got tuesday, wednesday and friday off so only two days of work for me wooo! And I just recently got a cool 10 grand as a present and the awesome computer and desk I ordered is just about set up. Heading to a friend's place on tuesday for a party/cookout and probably plenty of fireworks, then on the fourth I get to play a rollerhockey tournament. Yeah not too bad. Everythings coming up Milhouse!

Core on
    core_pa_sig.jpg
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ave. and I don't understand your crescent comment, orikae.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just got a paycheck.

I doubt the day will get any better

Faricazy on
  • RageRage Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Rage wrote: »
    - New job is awesome

I'm probably just old, old and senile. Too caught up in my old ways to notice the changes in the world.

But...a loan....

For ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

Seems a bit much to me.

yes and no

One hand, I'm just a little shell-shocked that I got approved for that kind of home loan. On the other, that number is completely fucking scary and I want to run back to my $800 apartment and hide.

However, in looking at houses the past month or so, it's not entirely out of the question to drop 700-800k on a nice 4+ bed place in the area that I'm looking at (Woodinville\Redmond, for those in this area...), even though it's a total buyer's market right now.

Anyway. I'm sticking between 650-800k as my range regardless of how much they approve me for. But it was still kinda cool to have that number sitting in front of me, though.

Rage on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    my life is like clean garbage, steadily rotting into gross garbage.

I'm not getting into it

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited July 2007
    my house was 210k

Kovak on
    edited July 2007
    I'm tryign to figure out how to not burst into flames if I have to move across country for good.

In IL I have a nice house I paid 120 for.

In San Jose I can get the same house, for 550-650.

My head, it wants to explode.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • StrayDogStrayDog Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just paid rent and bought some groceries so I'm all broke. And a few dudes in my band can't make it for our gig at our local July 4th festival. I also need to replace the distributor on my car.

But my ex-girlfriend is making progress in rehab with her cocaine detox, so that's good news. I can't wait to see her/sex her again.

StrayDog on
    Let me go down in the mud, where the rivers all run dry.
    edited July 2007
    houses are so much more expensive not in georgia

Kovak on
    edited July 2007

even down here, I looked around for 3 bed 2 bath on enough yardage to accomodate my dogs.... 250+.

I miss IL.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited July 2007
    yea housing is getting ridiculous here too

we got this house

its 5 bedroom 3 bath, with like i think an acre and some land. for 210

but it was a steaaal

Kovak on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man

Single bedrooms up here go for $600 dollars

Meissnerd on
  • tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Most of the time, I hate Georgia all the time.

tardcore on
  • StrayDogStrayDog Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, here in San Diego my step-dad dropped almost a million for a 5 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms and a 3 car garage. Him and the rest of my family moved to Tennessee where they got the same thing and an extra acre of land for only $400,000.

My step-brother and I are now in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment for $1210 a month. If San Diego wasn't so nice and I wasn't in college, I'd get the fuck outta here.

StrayDog on
    Let me go down in the mud, where the rivers all run dry.
    edited July 2007
    the only thing i like about georgia

is that there are 6 waffle houses within like 10 miles of me

Kovak on
    edited July 2007
    I could handle living in Atlanta.

I haven't minded it too much so far.

well..... Roswell. Fuck metro.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited July 2007
    true dat.

highway 92 is da closest with like 8 others within 5 minutes.

tardcore on
    edited July 2007
    highest waffle house density in the country

Kovak on
    edited July 2007
    the most delicious statistic

Kovak on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My job is okay... and it's secure which is nice.

Other than that things are... well... empty

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited July 2007
    a half mile from my place there are waffle houses not even 2 blocks apart.

you can sit in one and watch people dining in the other.

truely they are the starbucks of the south.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited July 2007
    off to class for me!

chatt. tech booo

tardcore on
    edited July 2007
    the better starbucks

Kovak on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    My job is okay... and it's secure which is nice.

Other than that things are... well... empty

what type of things

FAQ on
  • PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Stale wrote: »

even down here, I looked around for 3 bed 2 bath on enough yardage to accomodate my dogs.... 250+.

I miss IL.

Illinois is great, right now their working on making everything into condos.
    No commercial, no industrial, no regular houses, just condos for rich stupid people.
    I wouldn't live in one to save my life, but god damn do they drive the prices down.
    As for my life I just cut my dosage of anti-depressants in half because I'm paranoid that something will happen to my brain if I take them for too long.

Picardathon on
  • ThaoxThaox Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    as to (C), maybe she has this evil plan to make you fall for her so she can crush your hopes and dreams and make you hate and fear women forever.

Or maybe she's just being a friend and mouthing off inane babble to make you feel better about yourself.

Women are partial to inane babble.

Thaox on
  • ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My life would be pretty damb good if I had the one thing thats missing in it. Though I suppose people always say that, and I know for a fact said thing would just up the stress in everyday life and bleed time and money.

Shurakai on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gotta buy a new mouse and keyboard tomorrow.

ALSO...

My father and I had a conversation. How does one best win in a confrontation with a dog?

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Don't run.

Go for the throat.

Shurakai on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sort of. I'm tall, so me and him got to thinking...

If my dog Sugar ever came at me I'd have to veer behind her and grab her by the back of her neck. I can't go head on against her because she'd latch onto an arm or something.

Edit: Then it's a simple matter of throwing her down and doing away with said dog.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    my life is a series of attempts to distract and sedate myself

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    i went to applebees and our order took an hour to get out to us and when it got there it was cold

i was nice to the waitress, but i told her 'man, this is pretty shit, you know' and she's all, 'well, i can take your food and go microwave it or something' and i go, 'man, i have two toddlers here who are bored and hungry and pissed and they just got their food and now you want to take it away from them for ten more minutes and make it soggy and grosser, this is not the wisest solution'

so the manager came by and way understanding about the whole thing and we didn't have to pay for dinner

so on one hand, free dinner

on the other hand, it was cold and shitty and i spent like two damn hours sitting in an applebees with pissed off kids and my redneck sister

Knob on