As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How old do you look, how old do you feel?

stavesacrestavesacre Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Social Entropy++
So I'm standing outside smoking, and young Private Butterball happens to be sitting and smoking around the same time. And he poses the question, "How old are you Sgt?"
"I'm twenty-six."
"Holy shit, you look like you're barely 20."

I laugh it off, and slightly irked, go and ask someone else.
"Yeah man, you look fresh outta boot camp maaaaybe 22."

D:

What the hell, I'm not sure if I am flattered or what. I know I am not old and crusty, but I know I have to look older than 20. Jesus, 20? I dont even remember 20.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
stavesacre on

• Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Somebody's young kid comes up to me the other night;

"Hey, how old are you?"
    "20"
    "Really?! You look like you're 10"

There ya go.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm 21 but I look like I'm 18.

My back and neck makes me feel like I'm about 60.

:x

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    badfishbadfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    stavesacre wrote: »
    So I'm standing outside smoking, and young Private Butterball happens to be sitting and smoking around the same time. And he poses the question, "How old are you Sgt?"
    "I'm twenty-six."
    "Holy shit, you look like you're barely 20."

I laugh it off, and slightly irked, go and ask someone else.
    "Yeah man, you look fresh outta boot camp maaaaybe 22."

D:

What the hell, I'm not sure if I am flattered or what. I know I am not old and crusty, but I know I have to look older than 20. Jesus, 20? I dont even remember 20.

Ain't nothing wrong with that. Be flattered. It used to bother me to until just recently when I stopped getting carded. I think it's from the luggage under my eyes. Now I really miss it.

badfish on
    "What you had there is what we refer to as a focused non-terminal repeating phantasm or a Class 5 full-roaming vapor."
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I look 26, but in fact I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I look about as old as I am, 30-ish. May pass for mid 20s.

Inside I feel dead.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm 21, but I get ID'd at clubs every weekend.

Curiously though nobody at my work knew my age, and were shocked when I revelaed I had just turned 21, given what job I do (and how damned well I do it!)

ben0207 on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I look like 18, I guess.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    I just turned 22.

I still get ID'd when buying lottery tickets (16+) so I guess I look about 15.

Handily I feel about 15 too which is making my decision about whether I buy a house with my girlfriend a bit more daunting than usual..

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    J. GrantJ. Grant Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    I look about as old as I am, 30-ish. May pass for mid 20s.

Inside I feel dead.

Cut yourself.

Me, I look like the thirties I am, and I still feel like I'm 19. Except when my body does stupid shit, in which case I feel 70.

J. Grant on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't feel so old now.

I'm 26. I don't know how other people percieve my age.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm 20. Ive had a few people say I look young about 8. But for the most part people think I look older and I often pass for 23, the age I usually lie to be

Franko on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Im 24 but I feel like im twice as old for some reason.

But Im around older people alot so they always say Im so young.

It kind of pisses me off.

Plus Im balding already and I gots depression.

Woo.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Im 24 but I feel like im twice as old for some reason.

But Im around older people alot so they always say Im so young.

It kind of pisses me off.

Plus Im balding already and I gots depression.

Woo.

Cheer up, kid.

J. Grant on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You need to jack off more, increases hair growth (on your palms... but hey, it's still hair growth) and it reduces depression (sually only for about 5 minutes)

Franko on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    fullZZZZZZTVCCL0919132141PIC.jpg

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm 21. I could probably pass for five years older than I'am.

I do have a bitchin' beard though, without it I probably just look 21.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    I'm 21. I could probably pass for five years older than I'am.

I do have a bitchin' beard though, without it I probably just look 21.

I grow the shittiest looking beards. Does anyone else have hair on their face like mine that looks like chin pubes?

Franko on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    When I try to grow a beard, it ends up being all patchy.
    Fucking 5-alpha-reductase deficient skin cells.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Balding is harsh. I am not looking forward to it.

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm 24, been passing for around 21-22 for about 6-7 years now. Its the asian thing, even before I turned 21, I was rarely carded. I feel like a teenage boy in some aspects of my life (hobbies, friendships) and an old man in others (bills, job, tired all the time). I'm guessing a lot of people feel that way.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The last time I attempted to grow a beard it was not a very satisfying beard. It was skimpy and patchy. My current occupation frowns on beards, so I have no idea what my face might sprout now-a-days.

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    stavesacre wrote: »
    The last time I attempted to grow a beard it was not a very satisfying beard. It was skimpy and patchy. My current occupation frowns on beards, so I have no idea what my face might sprout now-a-days.

The myth goes the more you shave, the thicker it grows, especially if you use a razor, which I never do. Electric Razor all the way!

Franko on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    23, am ID'd everywhere, I've been told I look as young as 14 but that's from photos - I'm fairly tall and don't really pass for younger than 18. My sister does look older than me, though, and she's 20, which makes things fun.

I'm actually starting to feel my age, although I keep forgetting how old I am and have actually answered '20 - no, shit, sorry, 23' when asked my age.

Janson on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm 19 but i feel like I'm 80.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I look 26, but in fact I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel.

Wait, Connor McLeod of the clan McLeod?

What a small world, I'm your 3rd cousin twice removed on your father's side, Duncan.

Hunter on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think they did that on myth busters and shaving doesn't make anything grow in any thicker, it just feels scratchier because the hair that grows in initially hasn't had time to get soft and dull.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm 18, look like that and I feel like I've been dead for years. D:

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    I think they did that on myth busters and shaving doesn't make anything grow in any thicker, it just feels scratchier because the hair that grows in initially hasn't had time to get soft and dull.

It's the same myth that shaving your legs makes them hairier..

When you wax / pluck you pull the entire hair out from the root - so when new hairs grow in they have to start out being all thin and soft and then as they grow out they thicken. When you shave all you do is lop the tip off so when it regrows it's immedietly as thick as it was and so feels scratchier..

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    At the age of 18 I was mistaken for 28.

Now I'm almost 28, I look like a withered old man, weary of the world, waiting for death.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Ferrus wrote: »

Cut yourself.

J. Grant on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm 23, turning 24 in the next couple of weeks.

People have guessed my age as being anywhere between 18 and 32, mostly because, seriously, it's damn hard to tell how old Chinese girls are between 18 and 35. You think 24, no, she's 29. You think 32, she's 25.

I feel 21, but that's likely the alcohol talkin'.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ben0207 wrote: »
    I'm 21, but I get ID'd at clubs every weekend.

Curiously though nobody at my work knew my age, and were shocked when I revelaed I had just turned 21, given what job I do (and how damned well I do it!)

So I just clicked your sig and I was ready to feel some amount of remorse

then I saw this image and started laughing

pride_violence_screenshot.jpg

Good riddance to faggot bands or whatever the fuck kinda music that label supported.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    SanderSander Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I look like my age (25) with a 1-3 day beard, and somewhat younger when shaved. I feel a lot younger, which will probably change when I start working full-time in 5-6 months. D:

Sander on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm 26, but most people guess me for early 20's. I suppose I feel about that old, too.

Pb on
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    J. Grant wrote: »
    Ferrus wrote: »

Cut yourself.

I'm not that emo.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    29, I feel younger I suppose other than my stupid back. I shouldn't have to glance at something on the ground and think if I really want to pick it up. I'm not sure how old I look. I'd assume 29.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    29, I feel younger I suppose other than my stupid back. I shouldn't have to glance at something on the ground and think if I really want to pick it up. I'm not sure how old I look. I'd assume 29.

D:D:

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm 29 and I feel old now. My shoulders are shit because of playing football, my knee aches due to baseball, and I enjoy naps now. Having a 2 year old makes me feel old now. His energy is limitless and the little guy wears me out.

Hunter on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    when i was 17 i went to japan and people thought i was like 25

one night at a hostel the owner took a bunch of us out drinking and afterwards she got hella drunk and held my hand on the way back and then lay down on the couch in the lounge area, barely able to stay awake but still holding me next to her while we whispered some private conversation as she was dozing off, when she asked how old i was

after telling her, it took a few seconds to register before she quickly sat up, asked me again, then walked over to the other side of the room to ask someone else whose english was better than hers, just to make sure she truly understood that i was many years younger than she had thought, and maybe that she shouldnt have taken me out drinking given that i was 3 years underage

at this point she was pretty much fully awake and thought it a good time to say goodnight and go back to her own room

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Air, you are a fucking retard.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg