Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Girl Attempts to Become Munkus, Succeeds

Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of KafiristanRegistered User regular
edited July 2007 in Social Entropy++
So, Chuck Palanuick wasn't lying.
(WCCO) Minneapolis A 6-year-old Edina, Minn. girl has been hospitalized after a horrific accident at a swimming pool.

Good to know.

Penguin Incarnate on

• Teh ErickaTeh Ericka Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just re-read Survivor last week. It is such a good book, you know.

• SixSix Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Abigail has big brown eye

yup

XBL, PSN, & Steam: SixkillerNYC Twitter Flickr
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This was discussed already in some thread

I forget which one

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Six wrote: »

yup

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahAHAHAHAhahaha

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh man that sucks.

• JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wanted to read Guts for speech competition on year and my coach wouldn't let me.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • <3&lt;3 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What other Palahniuk books should I read?

I've read:
    Fight Club, Survivor, Choke, and Invisible Monsters

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Six wrote: »

yup

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahAHAHAHAhahaha

• Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Abigail will have to be fed intravenously for the rest of her life and will have to have a colostomy bag.
    D:

• naporeonnaporeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Survivor is, in my opinion, the only novel of truly literary worth that Palahniuk has turned out.

Choke was close.

All-in-all, the guy is more or less just a wildly overrated fellow churning out the dude version of chick-lit.

• MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User
    edited July 2007
    I'm not very thrilled about this thread.

I've been having pooping problems the past couple of days.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    "It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have. The steak was slightly tougher than prime veal, a little stringy, but not too tough or stringy to be agreeably edible. The roast, from which I cut and ate a central slice, was tender, and in color, texture, smell as well as taste, strengthened my certainty that of all the meats we habitually know, veal is the one meat to which this meat is accurately comparable."

-William Buehler Seabrook

edited July 2007
    You guys get it... I said that that sucks and this girl had her intestines sucked out! I'm brilliant.

• scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ahahahahahaahahahaaha oh god yes
    I saw this on a WCCO billboard on the freeway last night

japsig.jpg
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    oh what the fuck

D:

IsaacSig.png
    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User
    edited July 2007
    what other horrible things can we talk about

Eye popping!

Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    nah, not worth it

IsaacSig.png
    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
    edited July 2007
  • DranoDrano __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2007
    i heard this same story in middle school.
    i thought it was one of those urban legends.

• Bloods EndBloods End Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't really care for Chuck Palahniuk. After a while all his books start to sound the same, and the main characters are always such complete douchbags.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    I'm not very thrilled about this thread.

I've been having pooping problems the past couple of days.
    And now you know how to fix that problem.

• Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    IV feeding for the rest of her life.

Weight loss solution for the desperate?

filefile.jpg
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere MY FINEST CREATION oh nevermind it's deadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    "It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have. The steak was slightly tougher than prime veal, a little stringy, but not too tough or stringy to be agreeably edible. The roast, from which I cut and ate a central slice, was tender, and in color, texture, smell as well as taste, strengthened my certainty that of all the meats we habitually know, veal is the one meat to which this meat is accurately comparable."

...what?

nHu0VJL.png
    My Youtube My Steam SMITE IGN: TDOTCRFH4 come SMITE with me
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Abigail will have to be fed intravenously for the rest of her life and will have to have a colostomy bag.
    D:

Very very D:

League of Legends: Lamby Cakes | XBox Live: Jon Butters
    edited July 2007
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

...what?

What impressions do you get from the quote about the subject at hand? the author? anything in general?

edited July 2007
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Why did munkus need a colostomy bag again? I forgot.

japsig.jpg
  • CriticalCritical Registered User
    edited July 2007

...what?

What impressions do you get from the quote about the subject at hand? the author? anything in general?

He... he likes young cows??

Also, Butters, what the FUCK is in your sig? It frightens me.

edesig.jpg
    edited July 2007
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Kate's hoof

• GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh man, about 10 years ago 20/20 did a story on this very issue, the pool drains ripping people to shit (no pun intended). Every time I went in the pool after that for about 6 months I stayed way the fuck away from those things. Damn I was frightened they were gonna chew me up. The question remains, how do people get their asses so close to those drains? I mean, I don't normally sit on the deep end of the pool with my drawers off.

sierracrest.jpg
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User
    edited July 2007
    yo, that's friggin sick

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited July 2007
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Oh man, about 10 years ago 20/20 did a story on this very issue, the pool drains ripping people to shit (no pun intended). Every time I went in the pool after that for about 6 months I stayed way the fuck away from those things. Damn I was frightened they were gonna chew me up. The question remains, how do people get their asses so close to those drains? I mean, I don't normally sit on the deep end of the pool with my drawers off.

You obviously haven't truly lived then.

• DislexicDislexic Registered User
    edited July 2007
    My dad and a bunch of friends in college suggested they name their new cafeteria "Jeffery Dahmer Cafeteria"

batsig.jpg
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino legally competent Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    wow the golf club is so getting sued for this.

ffNewSig.png
    twitter | steam | 3ds: 4227 1731 4009
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

...what?

He... he likes young cows??

Yeah, I think he likes good, fully-developed veal. And now I'm fucking hungry, thanks a lot, Mister Veal Freak.

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
  • Angry WeathermanAngry Weatherman __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    Survivor is, in my opinion, the only novel of truly literary worth that Palahniuk has turned out.

Choke was close.

All-in-all, the guy is more or less just a wildly overrated fellow churning out the dude version of chick-lit.

people dont read palahniuk for literary value, silly, they read it to look trendy to dumb people

duh

• DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    naporeon wrote: »

Choke was close.

people dont read palahniuk for literary value, silly, they read it to look trendy to dumb people

duh

Fight Club was pretty cool. I enjoyed that movie, and then I read the book, and I enjoyed the book.

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."