As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I have celiac disease

• Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Tossrock wrote: »
    I don't...

I don't think you can transplant colons

"The chilis this guy ate are killing me"

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    "Bionic Colon" sounds like a good game premise.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Gentlemen. We have the technology. We can rebuild him.
    Coming this Fall: The Six Million Dollar Ass

Bionic Woman actually looks pretty good
    Go go, Gadget Boobies!

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MKR wrote: »

From the Makers of "Rainbow Six"

Eat Terrorists.

Shit Lightning.

Bionic Colon.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

And a good name for a rock band.

Khavall on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Conn wrote: »
    Are organ transplants a viable option? It would beat carrying a poo-bag, I imagine.

would you want to wipe someone else's ass for the rest of your life?

due to posts made in this thread it has been decided that rankenphile is indeed the winner of the forum today.

Grath on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    maybe removing the colon was the right thing to do afterall

If true, this changes the situation completely. Instead an entire medical team being responsible for unnecesary major surgery with lifelong consequences, it's a delayed diagnosis. They're nearly at opposite ends of the malpractice spectrum. If true, the situation is likely downgraded "Oh shit huge case" status to "get a guy with a law degree to file some paperwork" status. Not every civil law situation needs to be a big production. sometimes it's as simple as having a guy send a letter to an insurance company.

I never said it had to be a big production. I said contact an attorney and find out the best method of recourse. Yes, it was delayed diagnosis, but it is a simple diagnosis to test for, a very common diagnosis, and one that potentially could have left him with a fully working and healthy colon. You never remove a body part if there are other options available, and Munkus' doctors, from all evidence I've been presented with so far, performed with what appears to be gross negligence.

So he should contact an attorney and find out what the best method of recourse would be. As I said a bunch of times before.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

If true, this changes the situation completely. Instead an entire medical team being responsible for unnecesary major surgery with lifelong consequences, it's a delayed diagnosis. They're nearly at opposite ends of the malpractice spectrum. If true, the situation is likely downgraded "Oh shit huge case" status to "get a guy with a law degree to file some paperwork" status. Not every civil law situation needs to be a big production. sometimes it's as simple as having a guy send a letter to an insurance company.

I never said it had to be a big production. I said contact an attorney and find out the best method of recourse. Yes, it was delayed diagnosis, but it is a simple diagnosis to test for, a very common diagnosis, and one that potentially could have left him with a fully working and healthy colon. You never remove a body part if there are other options available, and Munkus' doctors, from all evidence I've been presented with so far, performed with what appears to be gross negligence.

So he should contact an attorney and find out what the best method of recourse would be. As I said a bunch of times before.

He hasn't said anything more, so he's probably already talking to one.

Now...is there any way to shit on a colon thread?

MKR on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm sure his doctors have probably already spoken with whoever handles potential lawsuits about this.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Grath wrote: »
    I'm sure his doctors have probably already spoken with whoever handles potential lawsuits about this.

Samlloyd4x15.jpg

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    WOOOOO WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!
    Haha hey man, in all seriousness, if you need food advice, ask me. I've been eating gluten free since I was 10, and I eat like a mother fucking king.

Quethal on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    munkus, in your honor, I'm going to pour a 40 of cheerios on the curb

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    It's not lupus.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Samlloyd4x15.jpg
    His boys swim in circles.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    If thats their law dude munkus is gonna have enough money to buy whatever he wants.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    SirToons wrote: »

Samlloyd4x15.jpg
    His boys swim in circles.

scrubs2-06.jpg

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    at this point I having a break down

i went in for a routine scope today, and the only reason the biopsy was done was to humor me

DO PEOPLE JUST NOT KNOW THIS SHIT OR SOMEHTING

No, it is actually kinda hard to diagnose.

Quethal on
  • Options
    TSRTSR Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You pussy, celiac disease is totally not that bad. I know two people with it and they do just fine.

Have fun never tasting wheat again without getting an upset stomach, though. Things made out of wheat are delicious.

TSR on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    TSR wrote: »
    You pussy, celiac disease is totally not that bad. I know two people with it and they do just fine.

Have fun never tasting wheat again without getting an upset stomach, though. Things made out of wheat are delicious.

Do you know who Munkus is man?

Straightzi on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    TSR wrote: »

Read the thread again.

The whole thread.

Including the parts about him not having a fucking ass

Khavall on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    so apparently my interpretation of TSR as The Shitty Reader was pretty fucking accurate.

rock on

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Quethal wrote: »
    at this point I having a break down

i went in for a routine scope today, and the only reason the biopsy was done was to humor me

DO PEOPLE JUST NOT KNOW THIS SHIT OR SOMEHTING

No, it is actually kinda hard to diagnose.

drnick.jpg

MKR on
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Munkus, if you don't become a millionaire out of this there is something wrong.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    OfficiousGOfficiousG Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Just do me afuckin favor guys

you spread the word about celiac disease

I don't give a shit if you don't think anyone you know has it

you fucking spread the fucking word

this shouldn't fucking happen

Gee, I know someone with symptoms like you describe in your other celiac thread. What was your original wrong diagnosis, Munkus? It wasn't Crohn's or ulcerative colitis, was it?

OfficiousG on
    labsigbig.jpg
  • Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Contacting an attorney is always a good idea when you believe you may have legal recourse. Many don't charge, or charge very little, for consultations. Suing over the colon (which you specifically mentioned) would have to be a big deal because of the scope of the issue. It would also be irresponsible if the colectomy was a reasonable course of action. A delayed diagnosis can, depending on the effects of the delay, be a much smaller deal.

People like taking negligence beyond the scope of the "reasonable man", and often win anyway. This sort of thing is despicable.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Now...is there any way to shit on a colon thread?

There are certain videos, but they are likely to get you shot.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Contacting an attorney is always a good idea when you believe you may have legal recourse. Many don't charge, or charge very little, for consultations. Suing over the colon (which you specifically mentioned) would have to be a big deal because of the scope of the issue. It would also be irresponsible if the colectomy was a reasonable course of action. A delayed diagnosis can, depending on the effects of the delay, be a much smaller deal.

People like taking negligence beyond the scope of the "reasonable man", and often win anyway. This sort of thing is despicable.

What would you consider reasonable compensation for a misdiagnosis that will require him to walk around with a bag in his ass for the rest of his life?

MKR on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Munkus is a wheatard? Damn.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    how long have you been saving that one up, sam

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    That's what we call the kids who can't eat gluten at camp

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

He hasn't said anything more, so he's probably already talking to one.

Operator, get me Jack McCoy!

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man this sure makes my current set of problems look insignificant.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The good news is that maybe removing the colon was the right thing to do afterall, and having celiac's on top of it may be the reason I have had problems since then.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    That's what we call the kids who can't eat gluten at camp

Hahahahaha, wow.

Yeah gluten's a bitch.

Quethal on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Alright.

The word wheatard totally saved this.

Excellent, excellent word.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    They removed munkus' colon?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    So much shit about this guy I don't even know.

Man what's a colostomy bag like, dude? Do you still get chicks?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Alright.

The word wheatard totally saved this.

Excellent, excellent word.

h5

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The good news is that maybe removing the colon was the right thing to do afterall, and having celiac's on top of it may be the reason I have had problems since then.

Munkus is not a lawyer or a doctor.

Are you?

MKR on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I have Jeep Disease

that is about it

sorry to hear that Munkus

what are you in a frat or something

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg