As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gettin' Acquainted

Luther's HeirLuther's Heir Registered User new member
edited July 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
In an effort to get used to the general "swing of things" here, as the phrase is, um, phrased, I have decided to post something entirely different for no other reason than, evidently, I can.

I have now officially fallen into the "Pay attention to me!" way of things. Yay for the prick, I s'pose.

In any case, the best thing to do would be to
  1. Welcome me
  2. Start right off into a random discussion, or
  3. Ignore me for the enormous prick that I am.
Let the random events begin. Mayhap, I'll start off.

Angry, white guy powers activate! Form of: incoherent rant!

When I first arrived here - "here" being an Air Force Base in West Central Texas - I was probably first surprised by the humidity. My next surprise was that there are more Marine and Army guys here than Chair Force people. I would say that my third surprise was being put into push-up position on my first duty day here, but I've gotten used to the push-up. However, there is more than one way of punishing Privates for random events, my platoon's Drill Sergeants enjoy the front-back-go excercise, which is a rather cruel way of punishing people, and they prefer to do it on muddy ground, which makes things more difficult. One of my Drill Sergeants is relatively famous for having a rhythm, and it sucks ass to be the recipient of it.

I have, after two and a half fuggin' months, finally been allowed access to my cell phone and laptop. I now have access to the outside world again. Holy Shit it sucked not havin' anything but a phone call once a week to acces other sentient organism, those who lacked the ability to make you run for six fuggin' miles. And no, I'm not exaggeratin'. I am now sittin', therefore, upon an actual comfortable seat, and listenin' to Rammstein and various other groups that I have been denied access to throughout Basic. The experience can almost be described as euphoric.

Hwaet! We Gardena in geardagum
Theodcyninga thrym gefrunon
Hu tha aethelingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing sceathena threatum
Monegum maegthum meodosetla ofteah
Egsode Eorle syththan aerest weorth
Sceasceaft funden he thaes frofre gebad
Weox under weolcnum weorthmyndum thah
Oth thaet him aeghwylc thara ymbsittendra
Ofer hronrade hyran scolde
gomban gyldan thaet waes god cyning
Luther's Heir on

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ...you might want to read the rules thread that's stickied at the top here.

moniker on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You could rename the title to "ITT the Army" and start up a discussion that way. But be more direct.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dude! Sig!

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    This thread is, like, the poster child for everything not to do in here.

Read this. There will be a quiz.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.