As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Airport Extreme: Works with PC, Xbox, and Handhelds?

MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Title is fairly self-explainatory.

My roommate is getting a new apartment and wants me to set up his network for him. There will be two PCs, an Xbox 360, and a Macbook pro.

He's leaning towards the Airport Extreme because he has had real issues with the wireless here (Macbook and linksys wireless do not like to play together and I can't figure out why). I am totally unfamiliar with Mac networking products.

My question is, has anyone here got experience hooking a PC to an Airport Extreme (via ethernet cable)? How difficult was it? Also, does it work with the DS and PSP?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
MuddBudd on

• Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's a piece of cake.

You might need some drivers (I did for my Airport Express) but it otherwise operates exactly like a normal router, but with a much nicer interface.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What about the DS and PSP, did they give you trouble with wireless security enabled?

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They should be fine. The only problem with wireless connectivity and security is WPA. If you don't use WPA, you shouldn't have any problems with, well, any router. The actual wireless protocols are standard, and compatibility usually hinges on the security model utilized by the router more than any other reason.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yes, my DS and PSP worked fine on my Airport Express.

It's a solid piece of kit.

Lewisham on