As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

360 Wireless Controller won't charge?

ErrorError Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, I've been enjoying the 360 wireless controller for about 6 months now. Soon after I got it I figured out that it would be a wise investment to get the charge and play attachment that charges a battery pack and still allows you to play. Things went smoothly until yesterday.

My controller was giving me the usual signs (pinwheeling lights on the Xbox button) saying "hey, charge me up". So I went and got the adapter and plugged it into the controller. I then plugged the USB end into my laptop. Note this was the first time I've done this, normally it's gone directly into the 360. The laptop attempted to install it but as I don't have the wireless stuff for that it failed. I was also not getting the light signifying that the battery was charging/in need of charge, so I pulled it out and went to the 360 to plug it in. Got nothing. Rebooted the 360, still nadda.

Have I boned myself? Or is this possibly some strange coincidence where my battery has given up the ghost and won't charge any longer?

Error on

• Options
    capnricocapnrico Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mine's done that a couple of times. Pop the battery out, then make sure everything is lined up properly, and pop it back in. Should fix it. And it's a complete coincidence with the computer stuff ;)

capnrico on
  • Options
    cmsamocmsamo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Stupid question but this is something that caught me out -

Do you have two controllers? One with batteries, one with battery pack?

If you try and charge a controller that has batteries rather than the pack, it doesn't charge :p

And yeah, I did try and charge mine because i got my controllers mixed up!

cmsamo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for the answers, will try this when I get some time.

No, only have one controller, and the battery pack was in.

Error on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Alright, it worked. Good stuff. Thanks again.

Error on