As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for a game with a specific Class type.

TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
I'm not sure if there is a thread that already covers this, but I'm really looking for an MMO where there is a class whose job revolves around debuffs, similar to a hexer if you've played etrian odessey.

If anyone has any recomendations, I'd love to know.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
FFXIV: Tchel Fay
Nintendo ID: Tortalius
Steam: Tortalius
Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
Tcheldor on

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    WoW Warlocks, Affliction specced?

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Radiation, Dark, Sonic, Cold, and Trick Arrow defenders/controllers/corruptors in CoX are all debuff heavy. Through I'd imagine there's more important differences to consider between games than the roles classes can play, since I' d imagine most have some debuffers.

Scooter on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    CoH Radiation Defenders were pretty heavy on Debuffs if I remember right.

Seg on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Just about every mmo has one class or another that is a debuffer. I'd use other criteria to pick a game, then just play a debuffing class in that game.

captaink on
  • Options
    terminal stupidityterminal stupidity Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You can build some defenders in CoX to be almost entirely debuff focused.

You'd be really specialized and have a hard/slow/annoying (pick one or two, maybe three depending) time soloing, but in a group you would shine like a thousand suns.

terminal stupidity on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I realize it's not a very detailed description, but I really just want a solid game that has a nicely balanced class whose main job is to make the enemy as weak as possible.

I'd love to play something that has a ton of spells that just make the enemy become as weak as a lil bunny.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lotor:Online Burgalar....Different from other thief type classes in other mmo in that they arent focused on DPS but rather debuffs and group combat....seem pretty rad to me, I couldnt get into the class though due to my 3 years with an EQ Rouge type, still seems fun and may be what your looking for.

Edgler Vess on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I realize it's not a very detailed description, but I really just want a solid game that has a nicely balanced class whose main job is to make the enemy as weak as possible.

I'd love to play something that has a ton of spells that just make the enemy become as weak as a lil bunny.

City of Villains/Heroes
    Radiation is heavy on debuffs, but also has a PBAE heal and a very nice PBAE buff. The radiation blast, an attack set, has -def on every single attack.
    */Ice Corrupters have three buffs, two holds, and four debuffs. They are actually really good debuffs, too. They can damn near neuter AVs by slowing their attacks, lowering their def and res, slowing health regen, and sucking off endurance (though that is really only effective vs. Bosses).
    Trick Arrow, every single power, is a debuff of some sort. largely AE debuffs as well. They are sort of slow bloomers, though.
    Poison, a Mastermind only set, has some really good single target debuffs and an okay cone debuff. The cone gets some bonus cool points since the animation has you spitting acid out of your mouth. It also has a weak single target heal which is good for keeping your 5 pets alive. Man...Zombie/Poison MM might be a really good debuffer, since some of your pets attacks cause -acc and your highest level pet can hold, snare, and heal.
    Dark has two great debuffs, but otherwise is more like an evil Cleric.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hell, damn near all the classes in WoW have great debuffs, even the warriors have some powerful ones. But yeah, a warlock is more or less your debuff archetype. And they can do about 1 million spells with pets.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, if you go Affliction Warlock in WoW, you'll spend a lot of time dropping Damage over Time debuff spells that weaken enemies.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg