As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Maximizing torrent speeds?

TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
If there's anything in the rules against any of this, the mods can feel free to lock the topic.

I use uTorrent.
I tried opening ports as instructed by several guides I found online. The thing is, I don't know what to put exactly for 'Application'. Torrent? uTorrent? uTorrent.exe?
I have a wireless D-Link router.

TubularLuggage on

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not an expert, but I think the Application field is for your benefit. As far as I know the port numbers and IP addresses are the important parts.

Orogogus on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lewisham on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Thanks guys.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Lewisham wrote: »
    I did all that, and I'm no longer getting a notice that I don't have ports set up, but now I'm getting a notice that I have no incomming connections, and a dl rate averaging 10 kb/s.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What does Azureus tell you?

Often, ISPs will throttle your bandwidth when you have uploads going. I have to run AutoSpeed with Azureus to get any kind of decent speed, which actually works by throttling my upload speed (which is pretty much the opposite of how BitTorrent works).

Lewisham on