Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Real Lives

1235»

• AydrAydr Registered User
    edited July 2007
    I would probably derive a lot more pleasure from the game if spendings wouldn't creep up, because it means every time I age a year I need to open a window, find the mistake, fix it and repeat. It's just tedious.

I have self-control. Why can't anyone else in this game? Maybe if it were tied to some stat like Happiness or Conscience or something.

Seriously. I'm done with this game, thanks to that. It's just way too annoying to put up with for a game of this entertainment value.

DeMoN wrote: »
    I DIED IN THE ARMS OF A TOASTER WITH BREASTS
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Jean wrote: »
    Wow that playtrough is so win /sarcasm

0 years old
    I was born a boy in a village in the Congo Democratic Republic's Sud-Kivu Region, not far from the city of Bukavu.

My parents have named me George. My surname is Limo. My mother, Sarah, is 24 and my father, Michael, is 22. I have a sister, Christina, age 1 and a sister, Gloria, who is 2.

My father has died at age 23 from kidney disease.

1 year old
    My sister Christina has had malaria.

2 years old
    My sister Gloria has had malaria.

3 years old
    You have pertussis (whooping cough).

My sister Gloria began school.

4 years old
    Died at age 4 from dehydration.

Your sense of humor is bad, you deserve it.

• BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2007
    how do i move out of the country

all the cities i have here are in my country

2jezcsmjpg.gif
    edited July 2007
    Bibble wrote: »
    how do i move out of the country

all the cities i have here are in my country

You have to use the emigrate option.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Theres an "emigrate" option.

In that life I was able to go to college, move to Calgary and become a doctor, but died at age 61 due to an epileptic seizure. Ah well, it was a good life. Despite my daughter having a baby and then continuing to live with us for five years.

Sig4_zpsbbad355d.jpg
  • BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2007
    where the hell is the emigration option?!?!?!?!

solution: i was using the 2004 edition

2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I guess that would do it.

Sig4_zpsbbad355d.jpg
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Haha this game is crazy. I spend 20 years in Ecuador before amassing a billion ecuador bucks and moving to the united states and getting a degree in physics and becoming a scientist. Dieing at age 81 in a huge mansion from a heart attack. Probably from all the drugs and booze...

It's so easy to be super rich though.
    Spoiler:

edit:

rlyb0.jpg

I win life!

itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • ubeyubey Registered User
    edited July 2007
    i was an american artist who developed dementia and died of bladder cancer at 71, some 6 years after my mother left me a reasonable inheritance. both of my long term relationships (including my schizophrenic, always out-of-work wife) ended in suicide.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I became a trillionaire by investing in low risk stock. Most of the time the stock will hover around what you invest or you'll lose some of it, but when you get a good one...

• JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I became a trillionaire by investing in low risk stock. Most of the time the stock will hover around what you invest or you'll lose some of it, but when you get a good one...

I do the same thing with high risk stock only for some reason... there is no real risk, 80% of the time my money triples.

If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I've found high risk stock doesn't really go anywhere, it just hovers around the initial investment..

• SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This game is just frightening. There was a very rich attractive woman my character was dating, who wouldn't marry me. She never broke up with me, just wouldn't marry. Something about it being "Too soon".

So what do I do?

I get her pregnant.

She wasn't so reluctant to wed after that. :D

• ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just an update. The 2010 version of this game has been released:

http://www.educationalsimulations.com/products.html?PHPSESSID=233aa0b68559dcdc4cd997f3ef9e05a2

Has new graphics, UI, and other stuff, I imagine.

• RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Damn, this is an old thread. It was a bit of a shock to see it here!

...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Clevinger wrote: »
    Just an update. The 2010 version of this game has been released:

http://www.educationalsimulations.com/products.html?PHPSESSID=233aa0b68559dcdc4cd997f3ef9e05a2

Has new graphics, UI, and other stuff, I imagine.

I'll quote this for the new page so no one misses it.

Didn't know if I was supposed to start a new thread or use this one.

edited August 2009
    Wow, didn't expect to see this again. I forgot all about this game. I'll have to give the new one a shot later, this was fun way back when.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive Damn these electric sex pants! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    All I remember about the old game is that I seemed to get raped fairly often.

Another successful post, thanks to the power of Spacestar Ordering™!
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dang, talk about a blast from the past. I'm pretty sure I've got the old version on one of my old PCs somewhere...
    Man, all I can remember from this game is that abusing the hell out of law enforcement positions is the best way to survive in most of these places.

And goiters.

Gamertag, Crackdown metatag, and other interesting stuff below!
    Join the Wang Defense Force and help stop the insect menace!
    Help a poor bastard out! Read (or at least visit) my Bright Hub articles!
    Spoiler:
  • MegaMekMegaMek I saw the lightning cut through the last winter sky of the year. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    None of my characters seem to get more than a year of schooling =\

Actually just finished a good round:
    Spoiler:

Her political activism led to her facing police trouble all her life, and not once did she get any real jail time. Ended up an alcoholic due probably to the police constantly interrupting her life, causing her to loose several jobs. Died happy, leaving a significant amount of money to her husband and daughter.

She made a killing investing in stocks and land, tho she didn't live long enough to enjoy the cash. Shame :(

• Darkchampion3dDarkchampion3d Registered User
    edited August 2009
    MegaMek wrote: »
    None of my characters seem to get more than a year of schooling =\

Actually just finished a good round:
    Spoiler:

Her political activism led to her facing police trouble all her life, and not once did she get any real jail time. Ended up an alcoholic due probably to the police constantly interrupting her life, causing her to loose several jobs. Died happy, leaving a significant amount of money to her husband and daughter.

She made a killing investing in stocks and land, tho she didn't live long enough to enjoy the cash. Shame :(

Foolish dissidents. Support the party, and the party supports you!
    Spoiler:

Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    bummerzk7.jpg

I moved to damned Massachusetts!

Why does this game wanna make these two lesbians go slum it up in the Netherlands?!

Thats also wrong info. Canada also allows same sex marriages nation wide.

EDIT: And i just realized this thread is like 2 years old.

MARKIISIGFORUMSIZE_zps17defe18.png
    MechWarrior Online: Khyber Pryde
  • Darkchampion3dDarkchampion3d Registered User
    edited August 2009
    bummerzk7.jpg

I moved to damned Massachusetts!

Why does this game wanna make these two lesbians go slum it up in the Netherlands?!

Thats also wrong info. Canada also allows same sex marriages nation wide.

EDIT: And i just realized this thread is like 2 years old.

There's a new version

EDIT: Also, being born in Nigeria sucks.
    Spoiler:

Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    New version, same annoying spam list to get it.

Or click here:
    http://www.educationalsimulations.com/downloads/Lives.exe

ghost-robot.jpg
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    my mother died :( She was 18. Damn you death!

camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was just thinking about this game the other day. Time to check out the new version.

camo_sig2.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You can only play through 3 lives with the trial of the new version? That's lame.

camo_sig2.png
  • Sol InvictusSol Invictus Registered User
    edited August 2009
    I made a character in real lives where I lived the life of a chinese woman born in poverty in some rural part of china who later moves to Korea and becomes a millionaire from being a part of the fashion industry.

It was the first and only time I played the game. I want to keep it that way, as to preserve my memory of the experience.

Hellmode. We write about video games.
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is nothing in the game legible? All the colors are off.

Yeah, did that for me too.

• MindstormMindstorm Registered User
    edited August 2009
    OK. Finally got this game to be legible. Just set the color scheme to "high contrast black" and you could finally read everything. Perhaps they should consider making the game's color scheme independent of window's color scheme. The default vista colors and windows classic colors even make the thing impossible to read. That makes no sense.

• Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was born a musically gifted girl in India.

I was jailed for 3 years at the age of 15 because I protested the government and refused to sell out my friends.

Then I moved to Canada and my family accumulated a net worth of nearly 1 million CAD, thanks largely due to my shrewd investments in land and mutual funds.

But at my family's urging I tried to get a job.

But I was passed over for the job of "beggar" because of my prior felony conviction.

_______what________

• MindstormMindstorm Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah my interest in the game died out pretty quickly.

You are born an intelligent and somewhat musically gifted girl in India. Your father sexually molests you. He does it again. HE DOES IT AGAIN. You have contracted *some crazy crap*. You have been removed from school. All three times I was born in India, lol, then the game just stops. And they want $30! Not happening. Anybody got a link to the old version?

• Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Let me tell you about Gopa Soedjakmoko and how she went from being a destitute 15 year old political dissident to exiting this world as the Shoe and Boot Repair Queen of Canada, donating over $100,000 CAD per month to charity with just over $20 million CAD in the bank.
    Spoiler:

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The funniest one I had while just clicking through not doing anything was

"Your mother has been raped"
    "Son born"

I didn't have a relationship at the time.

• rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Just like in real life!
    Mindstorm wrote: »
    Yeah my interest in the game died out pretty quickly.

You are born an intelligent and somewhat musically gifted girl in India. Your father sexually molests you. He does it again. HE DOES IT AGAIN. You have contracted *some crazy crap*. You have been removed from school. All three times I was born in India, lol, then the game just stops. And they want $30! Not happening. Anybody got a link to the old version?

India has a HUGE molestation problem within families. Last I checked it was around 80% for girls and 60% for boys or something.

1235»