As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Someone Teach Me Armored Core

WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood varietyRegistered User regular
edited July 2007 in Games and Technology
Specifically, Armored Core: Formula Front, for the PSP.

Can I stop my melee AI from being stupid?

Wearingglasses on

• Options
    domitedomite __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    pity post.

domite on
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I dunno about that version, but I played AC3 for a while. What do you mean by melee AI?

What worked for me in AC3 was to have three different ACs for the different types of missions. I called them Jaeger, Schneider and Panzer.

Jaeger was fast, with reverse-jointed legs and good boosters. It had a standard rifle and missiles, which made it weak but mobile. Good for any mission that was timed or against slow opponents. I think I also gave it a sword for melee.

Schneider was a quad mech (<3 quads) with two shoulder chain guns and a shield and flamethrower. The quads struck a good balance between speed and weight capacity, allowing me to stay mobile while firing those crazy chain guns. The flamethrower was great for melee, and brought down enemy health lightning fast. Schneider was my most balanced mech, and was my default for most missions.

Panzer was a tank, also with chain guns (I think chain guns were overpowered in 3, they fragged just about anything). It had tons of armor, and was great for any endurance mission where you had to fight a lot of stuff. The arms changed depending on the need. Standard was a rifle and shield, but I also remember vertical missiles for quick enemies, and a big plasma cannon one memorable time. It also worked well against small, faster enemies, since I could back against a wall and beat the crap out of them as soon as they went through my crosshairs.

Anyway, tl;dr, make different ACs for the different problems you have. If melee is a problem, consider scrapping it and jumping around, or try a different melee weapon like a flamethrower.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    In AC:FF, combat is done by the AI, all you do is design.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Really? Well, my point still stands. Mix it up with the design, and if melee AI sucks, avoid it or try a different weapon.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png