As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Full Metal Alchemist (spoiler warning)

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well, I'm glad Simon at least went Amuro emo instead of Shinji emo.

Also, anyone else think "IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!" upon seeing whatshisname's mech?

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Just watched episode 8 of Gurren Lagann.
    KAMINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kept hoping he wasn't really dead, then I saw that he was missing from the opening intro of the next episode. As much as it sucks, I really like how Simon is reacting to his death.

As for naruto and its ability to suck in the recent episodes:
    I actually liked the show, but its going the normal anime time waster route. For the past 5? episodes, there have been 3 fights going on. Only the puppet fight has done anything. An entire team is fighting their clones, which they make sure every episode to point out are still fighting to stand stills. And Naruto has been gritting his teeth while leaping through the world's longest canyon with pointless wooden beams. With the exception of the puppet fight, it feels like nothing is happening.
    That's because the Shippuuden manga isn't very far past that. I wouldn't be surprised should they spring more fillers on us soon. After that, there's some crap with Orochimaru and Sasuke, then there's another Akatsuki team fight, then there's the current arc. If they did those episodes without drawing them out and wasting time, it'd be about 10-15 episodes. It's pretty shitty.
    No, you're wrong. The manga is far ahead of the anime, due to the extremely long filler arcs. The anime's plot is currently almost 100 chapters behind the manga. Which, at the old rate of 2 chapters per episode, means 50 episodes until catching up if the manga were to stop right now, which it won't. But the anime isn't going that fast - Shippuden has always done about 1 chapter per episode, which is an agonizingly slow pace. They're nowhere close to catching up, but they drag out the anime anyway because they want their cash cow to live as long as humanly possible. I imagine the only people still watching the series in Japan are the little kids who don't know the difference anyway.

Shippuden is garbage now. Naruto Part 1 was a goofy series but it was enjoyable to watch, but Part 2 puts me to sleep. All they have to do is stuff twice as much content into every episode so they don't have to waste so much time on long, drawn out silence and filler sequences, and it might be worth something. Oh, and the animation sucks too. Naruto as it once was is pretty much dead.

Zek on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Zek wrote: »

I kept hoping he wasn't really dead, then I saw that he was missing from the opening intro of the next episode. As much as it sucks, I really like how Simon is reacting to his death.

I actually liked the show, but its going the normal anime time waster route. For the past 5? episodes, there have been 3 fights going on. Only the puppet fight has done anything. An entire team is fighting their clones, which they make sure every episode to point out are still fighting to stand stills. And Naruto has been gritting his teeth while leaping through the world's longest canyon with pointless wooden beams. With the exception of the puppet fight, it feels like nothing is happening.
    That's because the Shippuuden manga isn't very far past that. I wouldn't be surprised should they spring more fillers on us soon. After that, there's some crap with Orochimaru and Sasuke, then there's another Akatsuki team fight, then there's the current arc. If they did those episodes without drawing them out and wasting time, it'd be about 10-15 episodes. It's pretty shitty.
    No, you're wrong. The manga is far ahead of the anime, due to the extremely long filler arcs. The anime's plot is currently almost 100 chapters behind the manga. Which, at the old rate of 2 chapters per episode, means 50 episodes until catching up if the manga were to stop right now, which it won't. But the anime isn't going that fast - Shippuden has always done about 1 chapter per episode, which is an agonizingly slow pace. They're nowhere close to catching up, but they drag out the anime anyway because they want their cash cow to live as long as humanly possible. I imagine the only people still watching the series in Japan are the little kids who don't know the difference anyway.

Shippuden is garbage now. Naruto Part 1 was a goofy series but it was enjoyable to watch, but Part 2 puts me to sleep. All they have to do is stuff twice as much content into every episode so they don't have to waste so much time on long, drawn out silence and filler sequences, and it might be worth something. Oh, and the animation sucks too. Naruto as it once was is pretty much dead.
    It's more around 85. Still though, the manga has the habit of doing fights in more chapters than necessary. I was saying, if they didn't dick around the anime and made no nonsense episodes (they won't), then they could catch up in a relatively small amount of time. There's been the thing with Kabuto and finding Sasuke, there's been Asuma dying and then Shikamaru taking out Hidan and Naruto/Kakashi taking out Kakuzu. And then recently, Sasuke killing Oro and getting his team together. Then Sasuke's team moving toward Akatsuki and then Sasuke throwing down with Deidara while Naruto and Co. are off doing god-knows-what. And now with Naruto having inadvertently found Itachi. I'm sure I missed something. But that could all be done in far fewer than 50 episodes were the episodes not shitty and drawn out and a waste of my time.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

It's more around 85. Still though, the manga has the habit of doing fights in more chapters than necessary. I was saying, if they didn't dick around the anime and made no nonsense episodes (they won't), then they could catch up in a relatively small amount of time. There's been the thing with Kabuto and finding Sasuke, there's been Asuma dying and then Shikamaru taking out Hidan and Naruto/Kakashi taking out Kakuzu. And then recently, Sasuke killing Oro and getting his team together. Then Sasuke's team moving toward Akatsuki and then Sasuke throwing down with Deidara while Naruto and Co. are off doing god-knows-what. And now with Naruto having inadvertently found Itachi. I'm sure I missed something. But that could all be done in far fewer than 50 episodes were the episodes not shitty and drawn out and a waste of my time.
    It's 95. And that's exactly the point... Naruto is already a slow-paced manga, and the anime was never very ambitious with its constant 2 chapter per week pace. And then they went on to Shippuden, and decided to literally cut the amount of manga covered per episode in half down to 1. There is absolutely no good reason this was necessary. All it means is that they can sell more DVDs, with no concern whatsoever for the quality of the show.

Zek on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Just wait. Episode 12 will cheer you up.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

It's 95. And that's exactly the point... Naruto is already a slow-paced manga, and the anime was never very ambitious with its constant 2 chapter per week pace. And then they went on to Shippuden, and decided to literally cut the amount of manga covered per episode in half down to 1. There is absolutely no good reason this was necessary. All it means is that they can sell more DVDs, with no concern whatsoever for the quality of the show.

Which, all things considered, is pretty fucking shitty.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    bbbFMA_Ed_x_Roy_Sexual_Alchemy_by_Yaoi_Yaoi_Club.jpg

Ooh mama!

Fugitive on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    KILL YOU.

DarkPrimus on
    edited August 2007
    Mmmmmm now this is what I call alchemy!

EdxRoy_Sweet_Dreams_by_Yaoi_Yaoi_Club.jpg

Fugitive on
  • Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    what the christ is going on in this thread

Seta 3000 on
    edited August 2007
    Fugitive reveals his yaoi fetish.

DarkPrimus on
    edited August 2007
    He can transmute without a circle, but can he strike equivalence between his love for Roy Mustang

RoyxEd_Complicated_love_by_Yaoi_Yaoi_Club.jpg

And this guy?

dirty_little_secret_by_Yaoi_Yaoi_Club.jpg

Fugitive on
    edited August 2007
    Fugitive wrote: »
    RoyxEd_Complicated_love_by_Yaoi_Yaoi_Club.jpg

They've really been packing away the fudge. Look at those fat faces.

DarkPrimus on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    by ChibiEdo

Javen on
    edited August 2007
    I love how he has the "o" on the end.

"Hay guys I'm really Japanese I swear."

DarkPrimus on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I thought it was some sort of reference to "Edo" at first.

But after reading this I'm pretty much convinced that it could be that lame.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Skull Man wrote: »
    that is why it's good

I don't want Lost-esque shows where every question is answered by another stupid question and stupid magic forest spirit shit

give me a people

doing things

progressively

arrowed.png

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wren that is glorious

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    w
    t
    f

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited August 2007
    they're not anthropomorphic animals

what up wit dat?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited August 2007
    September, doggies

September

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Harrier wrote: »
    September, doggies

September

HAZZAH

av-23313.gif

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited August 2007
    September, doggies

September

for what?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wren wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    that is why it's good

I don't want Lost-esque shows where every question is answered by another stupid question and stupid magic forest spirit shit

give me a people

doing things

progressively

arrowed.png

I see this and raise you a

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l90/Nojar/1185047500080.jpg

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    new yaoi dvd's

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wren wrote: »
    September, doggies

September

for what?

do you remember

the twenty-first night

One Thousand Cables on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ahahaaaa that granny's face is awesome.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    So let's play Who's Your Favorite Avatar Character

For me it's all about Azula

Harrier on
    edited August 2007
    they're all pretty good. which is a not so common trait for a show

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited August 2007
    I also like Toph.

So the Season 2 Finale was just one moment of epic win after another for me.

Harrier on
    edited August 2007
    I just got up to episode 20 in Gurren Lagann.

I will never doubt this show again.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    UNCLE IROH

Man I hope he sounds okay with the new VA. Mako's voice was so perfect for that character.

Brolo on
  • As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I can't wait for Season 3.

Probably will come out around the same time as season three of the Venture Brothers...and the new Futuramas...

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Both of those are in 2008 aren't they? ComicCon had book 3 confirmed for September, didn't it?

Cilla Black on
    edited August 2007
    September has Avatar Book 3, Rebuild of Evangelion, and the last six episodes of Gurren Lagann.

:D

Harrier on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Edit: Hurrf durff next month is september genius

Cilla Black on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So let's play Who's Your Favorite Avatar Character

For me it's all about Azula

happy-iroh.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Does anyone have a high quality version of the trailer from SDCC? Was that ever released?

Brolo on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So I'm just about finished with The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and so now I'll finally get round to finishing RahXephon and also finishing the first season of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. I still get a bit of Samurai Champloo in when I can, and I'm still following Darker than BLACK, Gurren Lagann and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Baccano! recently caught my attention and it is so good.

Overload.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
This discussion has been closed.