As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Geeked out Decor

LachLach Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Games and Technology
Post pics of your place/room that's geeked out. I'd like to see art, wall graphics, paint schemes, figures and even bed sheets. The reason I ask is because there's a room in my place that I'd like to have as a dedicated room for games and movies. I want to display my nerdiness (I'm not concerned with getting laid or of that nonsense). So, show me your ner sanctuaries and post links to where you got your stuff.

Lach on

• Options
    JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have some game maps that are matted and framed. No pics at the moment, but it's a pretty awesome nerdy shrine, if i do say so myself.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'd like to get these to cover up one of my bare walls, but the idea of stickers going on a wall freaks me out. It's says they're removable, but I'm not sure I trust them.

mcp on
  • Options
    CruixCruix Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    mcp wrote: »
    I'd like to get these to cover up one of my bare walls, but the idea of stickers going on a wall freaks me out. It's says they're removable, but I'm not sure I trust them.

http://www.whatisblik.com/walldecals.html This site here has the same type of wall decals, and they also say they're removable, if that helps at all? Major companies seem to use them very frequently (Big companies like FOX) -- so I'd imagine they're pretty trustworthy!

I'm planning on ordering some wall decals for my own place soon, actually. The Invaders ones are a great idea, as is the giant robot decal.

Cruix on
    housesig2.gif
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    myRoom.jpg

FreddyD on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    oh, goodness

that's too much dedication

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Mr PeepersMr Peepers Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm going to frame my San Andreas and Oblivion Maps, I have an amazing looking Killzone poster (I've never even played the game, but the poster is bad ass), a Shadow of the Colossus poster, a few Pokemon toys, a Mario ball (McDonalds), Chewbacca and another wookie, and a toy Porkchop (The dog from Doug) that clips on to my lamp.

Mr Peepers on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    oh, goodness

that's too much dedication
    The bed sheets are warm but I prefer to sleep under my game guides.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    Mr PeepersMr Peepers Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I gotta ask.

What do you do when you buy a new game that appears wall-worthy?

Mr Peepers on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Mr Peepers wrote: »
    I gotta ask.

What do you do when you buy a new game that appears wall-worthy?
    Well, I have three other walls.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    FreddyD wrote: »
    myRoom.jpg

I saw several of those hideous green Greatest Hits pictures up there.

Your nerd-cred is hereby REVOKED!

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Evangir wrote: »
    FreddyD wrote: »
    myRoom.jpg

I saw several of those hideous green Greatest Hits pictures up there.

Your nerd-cred is hereby REVOKED!
    Well, I am known to be a cheapass gamer. I'm just too lazy to print out new covers. I still have the non GH Castlevania: SoTN.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh man, when I get back tomorrow afternoon, I'm so in on this, shitty digital camera pictures and all.

Kami on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    IMAG0842.JPG

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    http://www.whatisblik.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=BL-106A
    ^Sooooooooo Buying this :D

Also does anyone have any tips on places to get good-sized space posters?

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    LachLach Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    http://www.whatisblik.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=BL-106A
    ^Sooooooooo Buying this :D

Also does anyone have any tips on places to get good-sized space posters?

I'm glad you posted this because it's exactly what I was looking for. Another thing I wouldn't mind would be some nice posters of the illustrations used in some of the Metal Gear games, I've always really liked them.

Lach on
  • Options
    sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh man! I'm out of town, otherwise I'd totally show off. I've got a painted-style Solid Snake, an AWESOME DMC2 Dante (whilst being the weakest game, it definitely had the coolest concept art), a Ryu Hayabusa, and the noir black and white (and some red) Max Payne 2 poster. And that's just on walls!

p1.jpg
    z312.jpg
    p-1689.jpg

around ~80x100something cm each. So awesome!

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content