As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

college registration crap..

Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I've applied for my local community college for fall as a freshmen, and after trying to come up with an ideal schedule (it's not) I've picked the 5 classes recommended by my counselor.

So I go to register for the classes online, make sure they're not filled up (which they weren't). When I get to the class number input page, I find out I have the wrong credit card. So I have to wait for my mom to get home to use hers (only 8 minutes of waiting) and when I try to put it in the website times me out. Because for whatever reason the registration is timed.

Now when I try to go back to the registration page I get an error message telling me I'm in debt of $198 (the fee it cost to sign up for classes and parking permit). Thinking it accepted my classes I checked my schedule, but only two of my classes went through.

Eventually I figured out how to pay the debt off by clicking one of the options and paying off like that (and printing the reciept page proving that I paid it).

So now I'm able to go back to the sign up for classes page and I put them in, but it wants me to pay the same fee ($198) again. Not only that, but it wont let me sign up for one of the classes because of me not signing up for the corequisite even though I did put that in.

This is driving me crazy, especially since classes are really filling up now. I called in a number they gave me when I got the error message about the student debt and $198, but it was just a recording asking me to record my problem after the tone.

Asamof the Horrible on

• Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Uh.... you should probably talk to an advisor, or whatever they call it, at the school. We can't really help you with this, mainly because you haven't even told us what college you've applied to.

Azio on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, there's no way we can help with a broken computer system. You'll just have to hope you can get a hold of someone at the college.

If you make a big enough fuss about it, you can probably be allowed onto the other class.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    all right then, thanks for replying. I was really stressing out..hopefully this wont be that much trouble

Asamof the Horrible on