As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoX]Help With Costumes

2»

• Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, my costumes are usually something with their power.
    Pyrocity's (fire tank) first costume was jeans and a red shirt.
    My Dark Brute wears the same thing, but black.
    My Elec Blaster has a black suit with the yellow lightning graphic. About the only ones that don't match are my two Energy characters, a Blaster and a Brute. That's just because the Blaster's was designed to simply look good, and the Brute's is the same as the Blaster's, but with black instead of blue.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    Wolverine's has nothing to do with his claws or regeneration, Storm's was black with gold trim, I'd say that doesn't match, Silver Surfer doesn't emit any kind of silver energy, I don't think Spider-woman has any pink on her, and the Human Torch's outfit was blue right?

I think many of them do have small portions of their outfit that match(Psylocke has a tiny little belt that matches), and many have powers with no associated color.

Wolv's regeneration doesn't have a color and his claws are just silver...and he does have those three silver openings on his glove for them but that is stretching it.
    Storm's costume is black with trim that matches lightening.
    For some reason I thought Surfer shot white/light blue energy blasts but I guess he usually shoots energy blasts that are mostly white with red on the fringes...nice thing is it tends to reflect in his silver body so it ties together.
    Spider-Woman, you've got me there. What the hell color are her blasts? They are yellow in Origin and green in MUA. I think I've seen her shoot green venom blasts in New Avengers, actually.
    You don't see any blue when Torch uses his powers.
    I'd say the vast majority of the time if a character's powers are "visible" in comics their character design has something of that color built into it.

Accualt on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Anyways, I consider the overall amount of "matching" in comics to be far less than what it seems that you do. It just never occurred to me to make sure that all my my character's costumes match their powers, especially if I'm trying to think in an RP sense, when I can't see that actual character designing their costume with green to match that they regenerate, or to wear some blue/white when they have storm powers.

Spider-woman's webs were pink.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well I don't read DC so that might have something to do with it.

God, I picked up some DC big super event thing last year. I've never seen so many terrible costumes in one book.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Were her webs pink back when she had red hair?

Accualt on
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My HARM character needs a better head. No pics right now, as I'm on the wrong machine, but she's wearing the surgeon's hat and mask (both in a lovely stained yellow-grey) over the less-stitchy patchwork Scarred face at the moment and it just isn't doing anything for me. Any suggestions for something a little more interesting but still obviously Evil Nurse?

Bitstream on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Accualt wrote: »

DC? Uh, Spider-woman's in marvel.

I don't remember any color other than pink for the webs.

Edit: That is, the spider-woman that is Julia Carpenter.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

Who is now called Arachne. And seems to have become a blonde in her recent appearances in Omega Flight.

I don't consciously always match costume colours to powers, but I probably do a fair amount of it.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Well I don't read DC so that might have something to do with it.

God, I picked up some DC big super event thing last year. I've never seen so many terrible costumes in one book.

Man, why are you picking up DC, ever?
    They punched reality because they realized they fucked up.
    Don't think of something plausible, just punch reality. This is all re: mainstream shit, not the imprints, or things like Sandman.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Dammit Wiggin, every thread I read ends up with you bitching about comics. This is the costume help thread, not GV chat.

Anyway, I'm still having issues with Nurse K. I think I may just settle for the surgical mask and some good hair, unless you guys have a better idea.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Speaking of costumes, I need a few million infamy on virtue to throw some wings on my Anti-Squadron. Anyone care to donate to a clipped alien bug?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    D:

You should have said something last week. Lima found some bug wings and sold 'em.

Oh shit, I deleted a character with a couple million inf in his pocket.

D:D:D:D:D:D:

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Damn. I can't decide if I want to go insect, butterfly or tech, tho. Reason for tech would be she'll have had her wings taken as punishment for some sort of crime, I dunno.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007

DC? What?

In New Avengers Spider-Woman's attacks are green, in Spider-Woman Origins they are yellow. I haven't seen pink, thought maybe it was from her black costume when she had red hair since I don't recall actually reading any of her stuff at that point.

Accualt on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Mysst wrote: »
    Damn. I can't decide if I want to go insect, butterfly or tech, tho. Reason for tech would be she'll have had her wings taken as punishment for some sort of crime, I dunno.
    I'd go with the insect or whatever you've used for the original Mindstorm. The idea behind taking the tech ones is cool, but I think they look too sleek and clean to fit.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

DC? What?

In New Avengers Spider-Woman's attacks are green, in Spider-Woman Origins they are yellow. I haven't seen pink, thought maybe it was from her black costume when she had red hair since I don't recall actually reading any of her stuff at that point.

Julia Carpenter is Arachne these days, hers are pink. Spider-Woman's are usually green.

Scooter on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Scooter wrote: »

DC? What?

Julia Carpenter is Arachne these days, hers are pink. Spider-Woman's are usually green.

Yeah, Arachne's are "psi webs" and if CoH has taught us anything, its that psychic energy is pink! ;-)

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

My, my my... is that an Insect Wings recipe sitting in my masterminds inventory? Oh I think it is >.>. You can have em' =P

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Arthil, you've won yourself some oral sexin'. What's a good time for you? And what global do you go by, because I can't remember who is what half the time.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Neutramic, I'll hope on in a bit.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Arthil wrote: »
    Neutramic, I'll hope on in a bit.

Hope on my brother..hope on..

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So I got my DM/Regen Scrapper to 16 yesterday, but I'm really unsure what kind of look I'm trying to go with him. I really want to give him that Natural "I'm a Mutant, but still look pretty civilian-ish" ala something like X-Men.

lololshadeaq3.png

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    AetherineAetherine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I suggest better boots. And perhaps a different leathery color for the trench coat. That's a lot of black.

Maybe color-balance the hair a bit? And make the rims of the sunglasses gun-metal gray?

Aetherine on
    aetherine3yj.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Kajusta wrote: »
    So I got my DM/Regen Scrapper to 16 yesterday, but I'm really unsure what kind of look I'm trying to go with him. I really want to give him that Natural "I'm a Mutant, but still look pretty civilian-ish" ala something like X-Men.

lololshadeaq3.png

Hello, Mr. Anderson?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Hello, Mr. Anderson?
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he looked like an escapee from The Matrix.

I'd suggest lightening up the trench coat a bit and getting a shirt that didn't match his hair color.

see317 on
  • Options
    AetherineAetherine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    see317 wrote: »

Hello, Mr. Anderson?
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he looked like an escapee from The Matrix.

I'd suggest lightening up the trench coat a bit and getting a shirt that didn't match his hair color.

Keep the shirt that color, but go with something other than Superformal undershirt and Trench Coat for the jacket. There's gotta be a better shade of red to do the hair as.

And I still say those boots are all wrong. They'd go well on somebody with more muscle-mass, but not him. Work boots, maybe?

Aetherine on
    aetherine3yj.gif