Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

So my wife thinks I'm seven flavors of retarded

TheCanManTheCanMan Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Social Entropy++
The other day I referred to something as being "made of win". I can't even remember exactly what that something was. All I remember is the look of utter disdain when I told her it was an internet thing.

So does anyone else ever use these internet memes in real life? How was it received?

TheCanMan on
«1345678

Posts

  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No

    because I'm not retarded

    2mzmv83.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Give me back my jacket.

    zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    No

    because I'm not retarded

  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Just don't say "lol".

    I heard someone say that, and I wanted to push them into traffic.

    walrus.png
  • HalfmexHalfmex Don't call me Mr. Scorpion. It's Mr. ScorpiO, but don't call me that either.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No

    Because Keith is not retarded

  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User
    edited July 2007
    i proclaim my love for mudkips every day

    16kakxt.jpg
  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I constantly call people homps.

    When they ask what a homp is, you tell them "That's exactly what a fucking homp would say"

    Spoiler:
  • SixSix Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No.

    People who do are retarded.

    XBL, PSN, & Steam: SixkillerNYC Twitter Flickr
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I constantly call people homps.

    When they ask what a homp is, you tell them "That's exactly what a fucking homp would say"

    i called people homps before i'd even heard of the internet

  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    No

    because I'm not retarded
    this

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2007
    No because I live a real life. I have an internet life and a real life. They don't interfear with each other except is very, very few circumstances.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CriticalCritical Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Requisite Wiggin "PvP IRL, Bitch" reference.

    edesig.jpg
  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No because I live a real life. I have an internet life and a real life. They don't interfear with each other except is very, very few circumstances.

    ........
    how was japan?

    Spoiler:
  • EinEin New Jersey, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My roommate and I do the 'lol' thing at eachother simply to be sarcastic.

    btest3.gif
    Server info: mc.crafti.ca
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No because I live a real life. I have an internet life and a real life. They don't interfear with each other except is very, very few circumstances.

    this is hilarious

  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User
    edited July 2007
    No because I live a real life. I have an internet life and a real life. They don't interfear with each other except is very, very few circumstances.

    I'd expect anyone but you to say this.

    You want to name your kid Ameratsu-no-mei-goku-wa.

  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No because I live a real life. I have an internet life and a real life. They don't interfear with each other except is very, very few circumstances.
    See folks? This is what retarded looks like.

    Tell your wife that.

    Edit: He's been quoted four fucking times already. Fantastic. Way to queer this thread up with lame quoting. Jerks.

  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    A lot of slang that originates on the Internet ends up being socially accepted outside of it sooner or later anyway.

    DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Guy at work says stuff like 'pwned' and 'roxxorz' it is incredibly irritating. Irksome, even.

    steam_sig.png
  • World as MythWorld as Myth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i rickroll people on the street

    kQwcZLJ.png
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    No because I live a real life. I have an internet life and a real life. They don't interfear with each other except is very, very few circumstances.
    somehow I doubt this

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i say fag way too much thanks to the internet

  • EinEin New Jersey, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    K_A is a troll for the ages.

    One post, four instant, separate 'wtf's

    btest3.gif
    Server info: mc.crafti.ca
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    BigDes wrote: »
    Guy at work says stuff like 'pwned' and 'roxxorz' it is incredibly irritating. Irksome, even.
    Kick him in the teeth.

    DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
  • EinEin New Jersey, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i rickroll people on the street

    Do you just segway into lyrics or what

    btest3.gif
    Server info: mc.crafti.ca
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2007
    Are there any good German memes?

    'cept for Heil Hitler, that's a classic.

    2mong9u.jpg
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    BigDes wrote: »
    Guy at work says stuff like 'pwned' and 'roxxorz' it is incredibly irritating. Irksome, even.

    you need to kill all of them

  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User
    edited July 2007
    A girl on Top Model said "OMG" (as in oh em gee)

    That was pretty weird

    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    A lot of slang that originates on the Internet ends up being socially accepted outside of it sooner or later anyway.
    I like to make up things, too.

    Fun, isn't it?

  • EinEin New Jersey, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PotU wrote: »
    Are there any good German memes?

    'cept for Heil Hitler, that's a classic.

    hammerzeit.jpg

    btest3.gif
    Server info: mc.crafti.ca
  • World as MythWorld as Myth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i rickroll people on the street

    Do you just segway into lyrics or what
    bush_segway1.jpg

    kQwcZLJ.png
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    the internet got a lot worse when normal people found out about it

  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    i've heard people say "jay kay" in real life

    nergg

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    BigDes wrote: »
    Guy at work says stuff like 'pwned' and 'roxxorz' it is incredibly irritating. Irksome, even.
    Kick him in the teeth.

    I would but I'm far too English for that. I just give him withering looks when he isn't looking.

    steam_sig.png
  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    A girl on Top Model said "OMG" (as in oh em gee)

    That was pretty weird

    i think it's pretty fucking weird that you were watching Top Model.


    Oh

    it's redeemer

    hey dude. Never mind.

    Spoiler:
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    A girl on Top Model said "OMG" (as in oh em gee)

    That was pretty weird

    you are part of what is causing television to go to even worse shit

    how does that feel

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User
    edited July 2007
    I used to say "sup dukes" a fair amount

    also "just chillin"

    neither of those are really 'memes' though

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    A girl on Top Model said "OMG" (as in oh em gee)

    That was pretty weird

    i think it's pretty fucking weird that you were watching Top Model.


    Oh

    it's redeemer

    hey dude. Never mind.

    i watch top model and i'm straight as a

    look what's your point

  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    A girl on Top Model said "OMG" (as in oh em gee)

    That was pretty weird

    you are part of what is causing television to go to even worse shit

    how does that feel

    It feels pretty good, Karen

    25jyxzr.jpg
  • EinEin New Jersey, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was driving next to some retard the other day who had his windows down and was blasting that Numa Numa shit.

    btest3.gif
    Server info: mc.crafti.ca
«1345678
Sign In or Register to comment.