As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Reputable Web design firms?

Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm looking through the net for a good, reputable web design firm, but holy GOD there's a ton of crap out there. I'm doing this for my boss, who needs to get a good site going, the one she has now is total crap. We can afford to hire a big firm to do this, but stuff like Lounge Lizard might be a bit out of our price range. Does anyone know any good web design companies that can handle multimedia, flash video, etc.?

9PZnq.png
Brodo Faggins on

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I work for a great one, define what you need in that flash/video thing you mentioned and I will send you a PM with the contact information.

*edit* Uhh, we are based in Florida, is distance going to be an issue for your boss?

Jasconius on
  • Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PM sent. Maybe, but these days, it doesn't matter, as long as we can work something out over a conference call or something.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Word, if you have any questions before you call just PM me.

Jasconius on
  • Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Alright, I passed along the site to my boss, she'll probably contact you guys within the next couple of days. She wants me to keep looking though, any more suggestions?

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm a web developer. I'm not going to offer my services for obvious reasons, but I could help point you toward a few reputable firms. I'd need to know a few details before-hand, though.

First, what kind of business is this, what kind of clients do you serve?

Second, what do you need your website to do? Sell a product? Convince people to do business with you?

Third, what is your budget, roughly?

If you're not at liberty to discuss any of that, I can provide some general pointers on who to hire (starting with "DON'T HIRE LOUNGE LIZARD OR ANYONE LIKE THEM"), but some more to go on would really help us help you -- particularly in hooking you up with designers who do what you need.

(Edit for clarification: not trying to slag on Jasconius for endorsing the folks he works for or anything. I'm a freelancer, so it'd be direct self-promotion for me to plug myself)

wasted pixels on