As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thread with switched pages

Bob SappBob Sapp Registered User regular
fizzatar.jpg
Bob Sapp on

• Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    I think life hates me.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Wow, that is really weird. We should keep it as a pet!

Henroid on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2005
    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    If this becomes a pattern, I am going to hit mysql with sticks. Big ones.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Is there anything those two threads had in common to make that happen? Post time or something? (I'd look but I'm lazy)

Henroid on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2005
    Another one.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=180521&start=25

This one is weird...Page 3 is page 1...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=180422&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50

I don't see any pattern...other than all four of them were started between today and yesterday...

Edit: http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=180522&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50

Another page 3 one...

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    Is it me, or did page one of the G&T Chat thread switch somewhere in the 30 some pages there?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    Henroid wrote:
    Is it me, or did page one of the G&T Chat thread switch somewhere in the 30 some pages there?

I'm sure it did. That's probably why it was hidden somewhere...I searched for mcc's posts to find it...

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    I hope this problem doesn't give Alpha a stroke. :(

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    Legacy on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2005
    That's pretty random. I'm not sure how phpBB does it's paging. But what the hell could cause that?

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    Okay, so then why page 20 for the chat thread? Why page 3 for other threads? We should keep an eye on this and see if the pages keep moving as more pages fill the thread.

Henroid on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    In the Faiar Emublem thread, something really really strange is happening. I first noticed that one of my posts from last night was no longer in the thread, then I found it, but all my posts were on the second page instead of some on the first page like it had been. So I thought I had missed the post before when I skimmed the thread, but when I looked at page 1, then back at 2 again, THE POST WAS GONE! It had been replaced by a bunch of posts from this morning! So it was not there when I checked first, then for some reason it appeared, and then it was gone again.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    I think it's fixed. For now...

All the threads seem back in place.

Legacy on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2005
    The only thing that is in my head as to a possible cause of this problem is corrupt table indexes. That theoretically should be a simple, if time consuming, fix.

Or, this is the Ghost of the Forum Split.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    I think it's fixed. For now...

All the threads seem back in place.
    Yep, the faiar emubrem thread is back to normal too.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MySQLMySQL Registered User new member
    edited March 2005
    If this becomes a pattern, I am going to hit mysql with sticks. Big ones.

Aww c'mon. I was just havin' a bit o' fun, guvna.

MySQL on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2005
    gosh what a funny alt account DELETE DELETE DELETE

Tube on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    gosh what a funny alt account DELETE DELETE DELETE
    Well, I thought it was funny.

(for those of you who aren't mods, no, it wasn't my account)

Henroid on
  • Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Yeah, didn't want to make a whole thread for this, but is there a reason why I can't see anyone's sig? I checked my profile, and there doesn't appear to be an option anywhere that let's me have sigs turned on or off.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    Yeah, didn't want to make a whole thread for this, but is there a reason why I can't see anyone's sig? I checked my profile, and there doesn't appear to be an option anywhere that let's me have sigs turned on or off.

Sigs are broken.

Legacy on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Deep breaths, Alpha, deep breaths.

Remember that violence against the inanimate never solves anything, no matter how satisfying. :wink:

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2005
    I've just noticed today that sometimes my posts appear out of order, or sometimes a thread will be in reverse (a refresh fixes it)

FyreWulff on