As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nutjob Conspiracy Theories Within

MKRMKR Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
By "theory", I mean the popular definition, not the scientific. While using reality helps, wild speculation is a necessary part of constructing a good conspiracy theory.

Thread rules:
  • Avoid pop theories like the moon landing, various oil company interference theories, and things of that nature.
  • Be creative! Normally posting a conspiracy theory would expose you to ridicule, but in this thread it's understood that we're making stuff up.
  • Don't flame! Think of this as a conspiracy theorist club where one person posits a theory, and their peers discuss it.
  • No racism or bigotry. This is in the forum rules, but it needs to be restated.
  • Use great care when using religion. Even on off-hand remark about religion can send a thread in to a death spiral.
  • No plagiarism. If you build on another person's theory, cite properly.
  • Try to make it believable.

Let's hear the craziest theories you can come up with.

MKR on

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This thread was created to monitor how much we actually know about how the world government is controlling us. If we post here, many of us will disappear and never be heard from again. Beware!

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Some say that the Earth is actually hollow, with the entrances to the innards at the poles. Inside it is sort of a paradise, and I think some people think that's where Hitler escaped to. So it's actually a Nazi paradise.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    None of you really exist. The PA board is simply an experimental AI designed to mimic humanity and get me to waste my time.

Scooter on
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man we just did the real conspiracy theory thread. This is for FAKE conspiracies.

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That's what you want us to think.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Some say that the Earth is actually hollow, with the entrances to the innards at the poles. Inside it is sort of a paradise, and I think some people think that's where Hitler escaped to. So it's actually a Nazi paradise.

Ridiculous. That would imply that the Earth has poles, and thus is spherical. In reality, the Earth is an infinite plane stretching throughout creation, with infinite depth. Walls of ice surround the oceans and lands we've explored, and no planes or rockets are capable of flying past them due to the electromagnetic interference. You can learn more here: http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Despite what historians and printing companies want you to believe, paper is actually produced from the native japanese Ainu, kept in cages where their backskin is blistered, then harvested.

Proof: Japan's economic recession perfectly coincides with the growth of the dot com bubble in the late 1990's, when demand for paper plummeted.

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    None of you really exist. The PA board is simply an experimental AI designed to mimic humanity and get me to waste my time.

I used to have that perspective about life in general once.

In some sort of self-centered Matrixian way.

ege02 on
  • Options
    kaz67kaz67 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    We don't actually need to drink water. The government laces our water supply with highly addictive substances in addition to other chemicals to make us think we need it. Thats how they control us.

kaz67 on
  • Options
    ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Bzzt! This is a semi real theory. Except for the Nazi part. 1/2 credit only.

Threelemmings on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Ridiculous. That would imply that the Earth has poles, and thus is spherical. In reality, the Earth is an infinite plane stretching throughout creation, with infinite depth. Walls of ice surround the oceans and lands we've explored, and no planes or rockets are capable of flying past them due to the electromagnetic interference. You can learn more here: http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

Well played sir.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    George Bush was a plant set up by the Democrats to make them look good after all of the Clinton scandals. It's still unclear whether the second term was intended to cement the world's opinion of the Republicans, or if their plan backfired.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Using the "round Earth" theory, setting an object on the earth would be like setting grains of sand on a beach ball. Certainly a few grains would stay - right around the top, the surface is nearly horizontal - but when you stray too far from the absolute top of the ball, the grains of sand start sliding off and falling onto the ground. The Earth, if round, should behave in exactly the same fashion. Because the top is a very localized region on a sphere, if the Earth were in fact round, there would be only a very small area of land that would be at all inhabitable. Stray to the outside fringes of the "safe zone", and you start walking at a tilt. The further out you go, the more you slant, until your very survival is determined by the tread on your boots. Reach a certain point, and you slide off the face of the planet entirely. Obviously, something is wrong.

In order to avoid the aforementioned scenario, (which obviously is inaccurate, as you very rarely hear of people falling off the face of the planet) we are forced to assume that, in the "round Earth" theory, there would be a gravitational field radiating from the center of the planet. All objects, be they rocks, insects, humans, or other planets would have, under Efimovich's theory, have a gravitational "charge" that would, under a certain alignment, cause them to be attracted to the center of the Earth. Unfortunately, like a magnet in a stronger magnetic field, it would undoubtedly require a long time to re-align an object's gravitational charge, were this the case.

The science is so bad it's simply mind-boggling.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    George Bush was a plant set up by the Democrats to make them look good after all of the Clinton scandals. It's still unclear whether the second term was intended to cement the world's opinion of the Republicans, or if their plan backfired.

I thought this was for crazy theories?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    deowolf wrote: »

What, you actually think the Democratic Party is competent enough to pull that off?

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    They only LOOK unorganized and incompetent...

deowolf on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Democrats, the new Evil Republicans

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    WillyGilliganWillyGilligan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

It is crazy. What's REALLY happened is that the Republicans staged that complete bullshit Clinton impeachment specifically to make it easier to get George W. into office and virtually immune to impeachment. The country was worn out from the last one, and the Dems would have looked like they were taking revenge (political "no-tagbacks" rule). From there he has been very successsfully eroding the checks and balances on Executive power. The next step is to make the republican party so reviled that a Dem is sure to take the hot seat in 2008 facing Iraq, Afghanistan and any other amount of fucked up situations that they can cram in there. Whoever gets the job, they will be too busy trying to fix the mess to take advantage of the strengthened Presidency until they predictably lose re-election. This will set up a sure-fire Republican win in 2012, allowing the mastermind behind it all to assume ultimate power just in time for the Mayan calender to shut off and usher in the end of all time.

WillyGilligan on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

It is crazy. What's REALLY happened is that the Republicans staged that complete bullshit Clinton impeachment specifically to make it easier to get George W. into office and virtually immune to impeachment. The country was worn out from the last one, and the Dems would have looked like they were taking revenge (political "no-tagbacks" rule). From there he has been very successsfully eroding the checks and balances on Executive power. The next step is to make the republican party so reviled that a Dem is sure to take the hot seat in 2008 facing Iraq, Afghanistan and any other amount of fucked up situations that they can cram in there. Whoever gets the job, they will be too busy trying to fix the mess to take advantage of the strengthened Presidency until they predictably lose re-election. This will set up a sure-fire Republican win in 2012, allowing the mastermind behind it all to assume ultimate power just in time for the Mayan calender to shut off and usher in the end of all time.

:^:

Nerissa on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Scooter wrote: »

Wrong. You're all figments of my imagination, representations of my shattered psyche.
    Jesus Christ, you were supposed to be the smart piece.

And the moon-landing was faked. They missed the moon, ended up on Mars. They didn't want to feel like retards, so they faked it.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    WindbitWindbit Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Windows are specially designed to allow the government to monitor people at all times. The glass blocks the special light that radiates from government employees, allowing government officials to look right in through your windows at you without you knowing that they are there.

The obesity epidemic is caused by a fat virus that was once kept in containment at a secret government base. Recent studies show that having any contact with a fat person, no matter if it is face-to-face or over the phone, is enough to transmit the virus. The virus travels through the sound waves of fat individuals to new hosts, and become active when they enter a thin host.

Windbit on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Windbit wrote: »
    Windows are specially designed to allow the government to monitor people at all times. The glass blocks the special light that radiates from government employees, allowing government officials to look right in through your windows at you without you knowing that they are there.

The obesity epidemic is caused by a fat virus that was once kept in containment at a secret government base. Recent studies show that having any contact with a fat person, no matter if it is face-to-face or over the phone, is enough to transmit the virus. The virus travels through the ethereal connections that link the souls of human beings, and manifest when they enter a thin individual into the material plane.

Obesity: STD?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »

The obesity epidemic is caused by a fat virus that was once kept in containment at a secret government base. Recent studies show that having any contact with a fat person, no matter if it is face-to-face or over the phone, is enough to transmit the virus. The virus travels through the ethereal connections that link the souls of human beings, and manifest when they enter a thin individual into the material plane.

Obesity: STD?

Except if you read the article (which is a frightening display of correlation vs causation), it says that same-sex friendships have the biggest impact, so I guess it can only be considered an STD if you're gay. :P

Nerissa on
  • Options
    WillyGilliganWillyGilligan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Forgot a support. Remember how they made a huge deal over Clinton smoking pot? Well, in a new application of the "gateway drug" theory, having a President who admitted to using marijuana made it much easier for the country to accept a President who is a recovering alcoholic and known to have used cocaine.

WillyGilligan on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    This is top secret, through a contact I have at the NSA (confirmed by the CIA and FBI and somebody else with cool initials). Read it at the risk of being hunted down by the feds.
    Clinton inhaled and liked it

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Forgot a support. Remember how they made a huge deal over Clinton smoking pot? Well, in a new application of the "gateway drug" theory, having a President who admitted to using marijuana made it much easier for the country to accept a President who is a recovering alcoholic and known to have used cocaine.

Calling JC Denton... Come in JC Denton...

deowolf on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am actually the center of the universe and you are all playing a supporting cast to my life.

precisionk on
  • Options
    PootPoot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    abigail_breslin10.jpg

Poot on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Great, great movie.
    "Swing away."

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Charlie_Foxtrot2Charlie_Foxtrot2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Having a conspiracy theory thread is like shining the Batman signal for EntropyKid to come in. Seriously, I should be expecting him to come here any minute now.

Oh, is there any conspiracy theories that have some legitmacy?

Charlie_Foxtrot2 on
    logo%20graf%201.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    We're making them up, though. Not spouting real ones.
    Oh, wait...

Good point.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Che GuevaraChe Guevara __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Windows(tm?) are specially designed to allow the government to monitor people at all times. The glass blocks the special light that radiates from government employees, allowing government officials to look right in through your windows at you without you knowing that they are there.

I thought you meant Microsoft.

It would have worked either way.

Che Guevara on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Windows(tm?) are specially designed to allow the government to monitor people at all times. The glass blocks the special light that radiates from government employees, allowing government officials to look right in through your windows at you without you knowing that they are there.

Bill Gates works for Apple.
    That means that Apple owns Microsoft. It's all part of an Illuminati conspiracy.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »

Bill Gates works for Apple.
    That means that Apple owns Microsoft. It's all part of an Illuminati conspiracy.

Bullshit.

It's the other way around.

Microsoft just wants you to think that Apple is running the show until after they're out from under the DOJ's watchful eye... which happens this November. If they were actively being the Evil Empire right now, they'd get broken up.

Che Guevara on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Not this shit again. You people are blind.

Notice the financial discrepancies in 2004-5? That's because the FTSE 100 is manipulated by- nay, owned by the same conglomerate. It's been proved time and time again that there are only three such corporations on the planet, and everything else is just a tiny, ignorant splinter of these so-called "supercorporations" and their eternal battle to dominate society as we know it.

My proof? The last four men to even dare mention these theories are all dead.

Carl Leonin? Died 1899.

John Gregler? Died 1917.

Harry Kingsley? Died 1955.

and now Frederic Erthart died just three months ago.

I'm next.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Except we're just making it up, you retard, just like everything else in this thread.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Half Life: Counterstrike was created by the CIA to create a group of remorseless, competent assassins. Much like Ender's Game, the top players are identified, tested and ultimately activated if and when needed. I don't think any assassinations have taken place by this group yet, but they're there, and they're ready. The CIA has a history of identifying and training people to undertake specific killings and terrorism. They cover up their acts by circulating their own conspiracy theories and marginalizing attempts to find out what really happened.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    WindbitWindbit Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Death didn't exist until 100 years ago. The governments of the world decided there were too many fucking people fucking each other, so they created a liquid that makes people mortal. The more you drink it, the more rapidly your body ages. They were so thorough in distribution that the liquid is everywhere now, and government programming has convinced the vast majority of people that death has always existed and that this liquid is vital for life.

What liquid is it?
    Dihydrogen monoxide. H20. Water. In that order.

Windbit on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Death didn't exist until 100 years ago. The governments of the world decided there were too many fucking people fucking each other, so they created a liquid that makes people mortal. The more you drink it, the more rapidly your body ages. They were so thorough in distribution that the liquid is everywhere now, and government programming has convinced the vast majority of people that death has always existed and that this liquid is vital for life.

What liquid is it?
    Dihydrogen monoxide. H20. Water. In that order.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The American government is secretly conspiring with Saudi Arabia and Israel to bring about the End Times. The Chinese heard about the idea and figured "What the hell. Beats waiting around for Buddha."

Peace actually broke out between all the various governments of the world a century ago. Every military action for the last century has been an act of human blood sacrifice to the New Religion.

Che Guevara on